Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase lol/24 Rejection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Chase lol/24 Rejection

I saw a bunch of reports of getting this one while being above 5/24 and tried it yesterday. Instant rejection. Account message/letter today listed one reason for rejection- too many accounts in last 24 months.

stats:

750 to 767ish FICO

12 or 13/24, 7/12, 0/6 new accounts.

8 to 10 inquiries, though they didn't mention this being a rejection reason

4% aggregate UTL

Two current Chase cards, CF (16 years old) and CFU (3 years old).

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
collics
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon Chase lol/24 Rejection

Sorry about the denial. 

At what time will you be under 5/24?

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 2 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Ouchies. Sorry to hear about the outcome @Anonymous. I went ahead and linked your thread to this topic so we can compile some DPs around the 5/24 scenarios.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@collics wrote:

Sorry about the denial. 

At what time will you be under 5/24?

Mid 2023?

Not really bothered by Chase 5/24 for now. Other than sign up bonuses, they aren't super compelling for me lately.

Message 4 of 18
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not really bothered by Chase 5/24 for now. Other than sign up bonuses, they aren't super compelling for me lately.

What's interesting is that this is presumably the very reason the 5/24 rule exists. Smiley Wink

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Debit Cards

FICO 8 Scores (as of Dec 14, 2022)

Message 5 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Chase sure has had the strings pulled tight on that new policy but given the recent increases in cardholders getting the Amazon Card beyond that threshold, if it was me i would call their U/W line. Just on the outside chance they 'might'? be willing to overturn such a denial anyway. 

At least that would show them your willing to chance the possibility and you will defend the loss of that INQ in some small fashion. 

Just saying such an effort after a turn down on an app it is an option. Who knows.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 4 Chase cards. The only one I actually applied for from Chase is now 42 years old. My other three ended up at Chase when Providian sold out to Chase and I had one from WAMU that went to Chase when they went belly up. My Providian cards went to Chase I am thinking about 17 years ago.

I know how Chase can be with a CLI request. I have too many inquries and too many new accounts so I NEVER asked Chase for a CLI on any of my accounts since it may trigger an AA on my existing accounts. From what I see on here they want people who have high scores, almost no new accounts and very few inquries. Well that leaves me out LOL

Thanks

Mark

Message 7 of 18
2manyinquiries
New Visitor

Applied on 11/27/2021 and just received the letter of denial for too many accounts in the past 2 years.

DP

FICO 803-814

Util 1%

Income $250K

14/12, 19/24

2 Chase cards

Message 8 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@2manyinquiries wrote:

Applied on 11/27/2021 and just received the letter of denial for too many accounts in the past 2 years.

DP

FICO 803-814

Util 1%

Income $250K

14/12, 19/24

2 Chase cards

Are those 14/12 and 19/24 inquiries or accounts? Cause if they're accounts I can see why they rejected you. They're seemingly loosening up the 5/24 rule to an extent, but not THAT much.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It seems, based on what I've read, being at 6, 7, 8, or so in 24 is (sometimes) still okay for the Amazon card as of late. Being lol/24 still gets you a denial in most cases. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.