Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Signature Visa 7 Years After BK

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amazon Prime Signature Visa 7 Years After BK

@RamblingDaveyAlex wrote:

I had BK discharged 12/2014 and received Chase approval through Recon in August, put a post up about it. They asked a lot of questions etc., but I got the approval Smiley LOL

@Remedios wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forums

Chase will automatically deny with BK on file, regardless of how old.
I'm not convinced you'll have any luck with recon, but good luck

While that may have been the case, your $500 approval is likely bucketed based on the judgemental override.   It is unlikely to grow until 2024 unless that seems to be adequate or a fair trade based on your specific situation.

That said, and as mentioned further upthread, BK approval overrides are very rare.  Personally, I would want to be in the most optimal position to get approved so as not to be in purgatory with a $500 CL for several years.  

Message 11 of 14
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@RamblingDaveyAlex wrote:

I had BK discharged 12/2014 and received Chase approval through Recon in August, put a post up about it. They asked a lot of questions etc., but I got the approval Smiley LOL

@Remedios wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forums

Chase will automatically deny with BK on file, regardless of how old.
I'm not convinced you'll have any luck with recon, but good luck

While that may have been the case, your $500 approval is likely bucketed based on the judgemental override.   It is unlikely to grow until 2024 unless that seems to be adequate or a fair trade based on your specific situation.

That said, and as mentioned further upthread, BK approval overrides are very rare.  Personally, I would want to be in the most optimal position to get approved so as not to be in purgatory with a $500 CL for several years.  

+1

That’s why it’s better to just wait for bk to fall off before app’ing rather than be bucketed at that $500 for a looong time. 

It’s not worth to be skinned and grilled for 45+ mins only to be tossed in that purgatory bucket!!! 

We’ve had a couple of posters in the past who ended up just closing the card for that said reason.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  Looks like you have really bounced back from bankruptcy, very unusual, and not typical, but great that you have been able to do that.

Message 13 of 14
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

So I got this card 4 years after BK with a $500 CL which Chase refused to raise despite my using the entire CL and paying in full for one year with perfect payment history. I wrote Chase EO a not so nice letter and closed. I now use my AX business Prime with a 20k CL.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.