Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card

Hi,

I am tempted to obtain Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card. Since I have Amazon Prime Student and I buy almost everything from Amazon, it seems to be a great deal. It has been two weeks I'm desperate to get one, but I fear if I could be denied andmight lower my credit score.

I have 719 TransUnion and 704 Equifax, but FICO Score is not yet available because my account is just 4 months old. Currently, I have Discover it with 1k credit limit. Since I am a student, I have annual gross income of just 6.6k.

Is there a good chance that I will be approved for Prime CC? I am really worried about it.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I am tempted to obtain Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card. Since I have Amazon Prime Student and I buy almost everything from Amazon, it seems to be a great deal. It has been two weeks I'm desperate to get one, but I fear if I could be denied andmight lower my credit score.

I have 719 TransUnion and 704 Equifax, but FICO Score is not yet available because my account is just 4 months old. Currently, I have Discover it with 1k credit limit. Since I am a student, I have annual gross income of just 6.6k.

Is there a good chance that I will be approved for Prime CC? I am really worried about it.

Wait 2 months..... 

See what your real scores are (from in your discover account and discover credit reportcard (2 diff CRAs and real ficos on both)

Then decide... 

-J

Message 2 of 19
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I have that card, but it is my understanding that it is one of the harder cards to obtain. Any credit application will lower a score a little for the inquiry. I don't want to rain on your parade, but with your score and short credit history a denial is likely.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait. It's a chase card. Some have luck with lower scores but it's not an easy get
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming those are your VS 3.0 scores, probably from CK, which aren't relevant at all to a potential Chase app.  I certainly would advise against applying for the Amazon card now.

As stated above, once you hit 6 months of credit history you'll be able to get a FICO score.  You can do so for free at creditscorecard.com.  Then, at least you'll know where you stand.  I also think 6 months of credit history may be a bit too low for Chase's liking.  Perhaps look at the credit pulls database or start a thread asking who has been approved for a Chase CC with 6 months of credit history, what card it was, what their FICO scores were at the time of apping, income level, etc.  My conservative suggestion would be to wait until you have 1 year of credit history and possibly more income by then prior to apping for the best possible result.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

While this is purely anecdotal, one thing I noticed with Amazon and their various credit programs is the frequency of them encouraging applications while in the "cart" page. With me it was the Amazon store card. Once it started showing up I eventually apped and was approved. Just recently that ad changed to the Chase version and this just so happened to coincide with my credit scores increasing. Like with the store card I apped and was approved. Coincidence, marketing wank or some form of pre-qual?

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly, that's why I'm a bit hesitant to apply.

Message 7 of 19
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Wait until the disco is 13 months old. Chase wants you to have a year history with a credit card. You won’t be approved in 2 months.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for one two months ago, and was rejected. I have a chase Slate with a $500 limit. I have had the card for 13 months and never had a late payment and it is paid off. They also rejected me for a credit increase. For some reason, Chase hates me.

Message 9 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Gregory1776 wrote:

Wait until the disco is 13 months old. Chase wants you to have a year history with a credit card. You won’t be approved in 2 months.

^^ This is much more important than your score.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.