Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for one two months ago, and was rejected. I have a chase Slate with a $500 limit. I have had the card for 13 months and never had a late payment and it is paid off. They also rejected me for a credit increase. For some reason, Chase hates me.

Young profile...

Let your credit report age, you might be better off getting a whole new Chase card 1+ years from now.. 😊

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed the account today. NFCU just approved me for 6.4k with the CashRewards card. I called Chase and they said they would not approve me for a line increase. NFCU and Capital One love me, Chase and I didnt get along haha.

Message 12 of 19
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I closed the account today. NFCU just approved me for 6.4k with the CashRewards card. I called Chase and they said they would not approve me for a line increase. NFCU and Capital One love me, Chase and I didnt get along haha.

☹️

Try again with chase later on if you want/need any of their cards!

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousWhile this is purely anecdotal, one thing I noticed with Amazon and their various credit programs is the frequency of them encouraging applications while in the "cart" page. With me it was the Amazon store card. Once it started showing up I eventually apped and was approved. Just recently that ad changed to the Chase version and this just so happened to coincide with my credit scores increasing. Like with the store card I apped and was approved. Coincidence, marketing wank or some form of pre-qual?

Marketing and your example above is the exact reason why it's done.  You apped not for just one, but both Amazon cards since both of them were in your face.  The chances of you actually needing both of these competing products is probably pretty slim.  Ask yourself the question, if neither of those products were ever encouraging your application at the cart page, would you have applied for both of them?  One?  Perhaps neither?

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Marketing and your example above is the exact reason why it's done.  You apped not for just one, but both Amazon cards since both of them were in your face.  The chances of you actually needing both of these competing products is probably pretty slim.  Ask yourself the question, if neither of those products were ever encouraging your application at the cart page, would you have applied for both of them?  One?  Perhaps neither?

Actually I would have. Perhaps not at the time I applied for the VISA but it was on my list of possibles. Not completely for it it's affiliation with Amazon though per say as I have been quite happy with the store card version. In my instance it boiled down to the simple fact that I wanted a VISA in my wallet as everything else is either MC, AMEX or Disco and the timing was right. I'm overtly cynical by nature so for marketing gimmicks to draw me in they have to really play to my interests. Some do just that but alot of them simply do not.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the benefit of having both, though?  Doesn't obtaining the Visa version that you wanted sort of make the store card obsolete, assuming you're going to now use the Visa?

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

As it stands right now the store version offers certain financing options/periods that the Chase card currently doesn't. I've read that that may change but there was nothing in the paperwork that I just received that states that. At the end of the day it's all about options and I like to have as many as I can.

Message 17 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

As it stands right now the store version offers certain financing options/periods that the Chase card currently doesn't. I've read that that may change but there was nothing in the paperwork that I just received that states that. At the end of the day it's all about options and I like to have as many as I can.

There's nothing wrong with having options.  Smiley Happy

As for the changes on the Amazon Visa, that's taking place on 5/25/2018.  You should be getting a notice in the mail if you haven't already.

More info here:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-amazon-card-to-offer-financing/

Message 18 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I am tempted to obtain Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card. Since I have Amazon Prime Student and I buy almost everything from Amazon, it seems to be a great deal. It has been two weeks I'm desperate to get one, but I fear if I could be denied andmight lower my credit score.

I have 719 TransUnion and 704 Equifax, but FICO Score is not yet available because my account is just 4 months old. Currently, I have Discover it with 1k credit limit. Since I am a student, I have annual gross income of just 6.6k.

Is there a good chance that I will be approved for Prime CC? I am really worried about it.

It is a good card but Chase likes applicants with 1+ year of credit track record. So my advice would be to wait.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.