Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa Signature denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Visa Signature denial

7-10 day notice, which is automatic denial according to this forum. I don't think this card is part of the 5/24 rule. I don't really know what they don't like in my credit profile since I'm have great credit score. Oh well. 

• 6% utilization
  • 30 days late payment 6 years ago...shouldn't matter.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Visa Signature denial

How old is your oldest card? How many cards do you have? Have you applied for any other cards recently?

Message 2 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The card isn't 5/24. I was probably 30/24 when I got it. 7-10 isn't automatically a denial. Could be verification.
Hopefully you're not one of those that freezes reports, forgets and then apps for a card. lol
Call them and see if it is verification.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
The card isn't 5/24. I was probably 30/24 when I got it. 7-10 isn't automatically a denial. Could be verification.
Hopefully you're not one of those that freezes reports, forgets and then apps for a card. lol
Call them and see if it is verification.

Agreed!

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest card is 20 yrs old.

Called Chase and they notified me they still have three charge-off in their system, which is from 2011 and which I already paid those off. They pulled my Experian report, but those charge-off are not in there. Bad relation I guess from almost 7 years ago. They're still salty I guess.

I called recon, but they won't budge.

Message 5 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

2001? Dang that was 17 years ago! Man they sure can hold a grudge. I'm glad Citi let mine slide.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops! I meant 2011.

Message 7 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I can see if it were 1 charge off, even if paid and aged-off, since there can be some UW flexibility. But, 3 is definitely going to sting for a while. Especially if it was all within a 7 year timeframe.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the Chase Amazon VISA Signature isn't a 5/24 rule card?  Are there other Chase branded cards that are also not 5/24?  I myself was denied Chase Slate on January 12th and am waiting the 30 days to apply for another Chase card and it would be nice to know what other branded cards might be available outside of the 5/24 rule.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

So the Chase Amazon VISA Signature isn't a 5/24 rule card?  Are there other Chase branded cards that are also not 5/24?  I myself was denied Chase Slate on January 12th and am waiting the 30 days to apply for another Chase card and it would be nice to know what other branded cards might be available outside of the 5/24 rule.

Many chase co branded cards aren’t held back by the 5/24 rule. But they do count for the 5/24 rule for chase brand cards.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.