cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon VISA Worth It If No Prime? Not Pre-qualified?

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Amazon VISA Worth It If No Prime? Not Pre-qualified?

Hello, all. I've managed to avoid getting an Amazon VISA thus far, because I don't shop at Amazon as much as I once did and no longer have Amazon Prime (aside from an occasional free trial). I'm thinking of trying for one now, just to get a discount on a $200 purchase I'm about to make. Should I pull the trigger? Thereafter, I'm thinking I would make it my default Amazon.com card and there is a Whole Foods being built near me, so I would also use it there when it opens. As a Rewards card, is it worth it as someone who does not have Amazon Prime and makes occasional Amazon purchases but not tons like I once did?

And what is the likelihood of approval on the card if you are NOT pre-qualified?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon VISA Worth It If No Prime? Not Pre-qualified?

What are your DP's? Because if you talking about the Chase Amazon Visa then no one can really answer this as it will be very DP dependant. Based on your scores, INQ, 5/24 new cards (although they have shown lately with this card card to be a tad lenient on that one, although they denied me strictly based on 8/24 I believe is where I was at the time, as the only reason for denial). Bottom line whie this one does seem to have better chances, it's still a Chase card so expect it to be harder than most.

Message 2 of 3
yoshee08
New Contributor

Re: Amazon VISA Worth It If No Prime? Not Pre-qualified?

Try the affinity cash rewards visa. 5% regardless of prime membership, plus a $200 signing bonus after 3k spend. Signing bonus not as lucrative as amazon gives it to you instantaneously...but....you'll probably get qualified for a higher limit I'd guess comparatively. -- note, affinity has a 2 week application backlog

https://www.affinityfcu.com/Credit-Cards/Cashback-Rewards-Visa-Signature.aspx

Current Score as of 04/14/2022:

Inquiries from 24/12 months as of 05/16/2022:

//
/

Current cards in order of approval

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.