Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa Card by Chase

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Visa Card by Chase

A bit of an update... 

I went ahead and applied.  I got the message indicating that a manual review was required and that I would receive a decision in the mail within 30 days.  The notice also stated that if approved, I would be receiving a Welcome Packet.  I assume this is a denial?  If so, with my scores, income and no debt, I assume it must be the settlement that got me.  

Do you guys suggest that I call the Reconsideration line ASAP, or should I wait for the letter (or Welcome Packet)?  

So far, it looks like the only inquiry is to Experian.  I subscribe to the Experian CreditWorks Premium product, which seems to update my Exp scores instantly.  I am not concerned at all about what the one inquiry did, as my Fico 8 is still showing as 850.  My Exp Fico Score 2 (mortgage) did go from 842 to 832, so no biggie there.  That is my high Mortgage score, therefore no impact on my middle score (824).  My EXP Auto enhanced score is still 900, so the one inquiry had no concerning impact that I can see.  

If you guys suggest that I call the Reconsideration Line, it will be interesting to see how it goes.  I feel like what we went through ten years ago is a very good and understandable explanation, but then it again, it is Chase, so they may not agree.  Smiley Frustrated   It would be nice to be back in the door with Chase, but certainly not a big deal in the scheme of things.  

Do you guys think I should make the call?  

Thanks again!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 11 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Normally, I'd say don't call, let the process play itself 

However, there are two possibilities here, one is that's is just identity verification, and the other one that it requires review by analyst due to previous relationship.

Since you might need to nudge them a bit, I'd call when they are open. 

If you've never done a chase recon, it's kinda like inquisition, you only get one shot, so play the script in your head before you call (they really aren't dummies, so honesty might work the best).

I'm going to move your thread to applications, and I really hope to see an approval thread from you! 

Message 12 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You can give that a try, but being New Year's Day, not sure they might be open this evening?  But give it a whirl, or at least you can try them tomorrow.

Message 13 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

You can give that a try, but being New Year's Day, not sure they might be open this evening?  But give it a whirl, or at least you can try them tomorrow.

I said it first! 

Message 14 of 29
EW800
Valued Contributor

Thanks to each of you!  I think I will go ahead and call.  I am not sure if they will be open tomorrow or not, however I will try.  

I have found two or three phone numbers through searches for Chase Reconsideration.  Would you by chance know the best number these days?  

I have read that going through them is like an Inquisition.  I am thinking I should do okay (at least as far as the explanation) as it was pretty clear cut what caused our hard times a decade ago.  I am also hoping that how we have since recovered since then may help as well.  Beyond that, I guess it is up to them.  Smiley Happy  

If others are interested, I would be pleased to update through this thread.  

Thanks again!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 15 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Screenshot_20210101-174103_Phone.jpg

Option to check status, CSR will answer and take it from there. 

You're picking "Check status of application" option first 

Message 16 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I said it first! 

Yes you win ❤️ 👸

Message 17 of 29
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Screenshot_20210101-174103_Phone.jpg

Option to check status, CSR will answer and take it from there. 

You're picking "Check status of application" option first 

Thank you!  

Message 18 of 29
805orbust
Valued Contributor

You'll get it. I got the same thing a week ago on a cc app. They were just slow... had the approval a few hours.

Message 19 of 29
EW800
Valued Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

You'll get it. I got the same thing a week ago on a cc app. They were just slow... had the approval a few hours.

If I may share something else that is giving me a bit of optimism...  

I found this webpage...  https://www.uponarriving.com/chase-reconsideration-line 

It states that getting the "next 30 days" message is not necessarily a bad thing.  

It provides the phone number of 800.432.3117, to check automated application status.  

It also states that if the automated system advises that notification will be in about two weeks, that almost always means approval.  When I called the automated number, I do get the message of being notified in about two weeks.  

The webpage states that if we are provided with the 7 to 10 day message, that almost always means a denial.  This is not the message that I received.  

I am not sure how accurate this info is, however if it is accurate, it gives me a bit of optimism.  I am not really all that concerned about whether or not I get the Amazon Card, but big picture it would feel kind of good to know that I am back in the door with Chase after doing the Settlement with them about a decade ago.  I know with their memory of an elephant, I was not expecting to ever be in the door with them again.  

Sincerely appreciate all the great opinions and advice I am getting here!  

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.