Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon's "further review"

tag
kah-pas
New Contributor

Amazon's "further review"

I was making a big purchase and, for the first time, have decided to take them (Amazon) upon the instant discount offer, the savings would be, I assumed, worthy. Alas, despite:
-- 22 long years of being Amazon's customer.
-- 742 credit score(s) accross the bureaus. (+/-  2 points)
-- 14% utilization
-- zero baddies
-- good income
-- two new credit cards, 5 months ago each.
They did not approve me. Instead that further review notice.

I guess the lenght of one's business relationship with the Amazon has nothing to do with the bank approving (or not) the credit.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amazon's "further review"

Sorry for the denial, @kah-pas. No, unfortunately for the Amazon cards how much/long one has been doing business with them does not factor into a credit card decision. I am curious as to what the denial reason for the Amazon card was. If it was Chase it might have to do with the 5/24 rule. I know you said you had two new cards but your posting history shows three cards in the past five months alone. Did you have any other approvals in the last 24 months other than those three cards? If Sync was the one to deny you then I am at a loss to explain that barring you sharing the denial reason(s). From everything I see you should have been good for an approval

Message 2 of 27
kah-pas
New Contributor

It's not a denial yet. They said the application requires futhrer review.
-- I am aware of the 5/24 rule but no, I have had only two (2) new cards in the last 24 months
-- You're right, there were three (3) cards approved but I cancelled one (1) City card and it's now in my report as a "cancelled account" so only those two are "open" and reported as such.

But, even with that cancelled one, it would've been 3/24.

Message 3 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

DId you call Chase and see what the hold up was with regards to the pending application? From my understanding here you applied and got the pending page once it stopped spinning around, right? Might just be identification verification or something similar preventing the app from proceeding. For example, yesterday @Remedios got a further review message when applying for the CFF and when she called in immediately it was just to verify it was her applying since her phone number was in deep web. After that she just had to wait a few more minutes and they came back with an approval

It would probably be best to start on what pending review message you received. Call the automated line and see what they tell you. Anywhere from 30 days, 2 weeks or 7-10 days will be the response you get. Or you could wait for the letter if you can wait a bit

Message 4 of 27
kah-pas
New Contributor

No spinning. This is what they said:

Thank you for applying for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card.

Unfortunately, an immediate decision about your application cannot be provided as it requires further review. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days.

Message 5 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The 30 day message is best one to get when it's not an immediate approval; just means they need an actual human person to look over the app. I would wait for the letter to see what they have to say or call in to see if there's anything more they need from you to push the application through such as identification verification (this is usually done with text to cellphone number on app)

Message 6 of 27
kah-pas
New Contributor

I took your advice and called them. I am on wait for 28 minutes now, which is kind of funny given that I am quite inpatient (the very fact that I write this as I am on hold proves the point) and instant Net gratifications.

@simplynoir wrote:

The 30 day message is best one to get when it's not an immediate approval; just means they need an actual human person to look over the app. I would wait for the letter to see what they have to say or call in to see if there's anything more they need from you to push the application through such as identification verification (this is usually done with text to cellphone number on app)

oriented.

Message 7 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@kah-pas wrote:

I took your advice and called them. I am on wait for 28 minutes now, which is kind of funny given that I am quite inpatient (the very fact that I write this as I am on hold proves the point) and instant Net gratifications.

@simplynoir wrote:

oriented.

I usually mute cell on speakerphone and continuing doing whatever it is I'm doing like answering emails or browsing forums til a live agent answers. I can wait it out while still working or procrastinating 😂

Message 8 of 27
kah-pas
New Contributor

Survived the suicidal elevator on hold music (52 minutes of it) and gotten a human. They did not tell me anyting new. Despite two of customer representatives being very nice, smart and even humorous I did not get to talk with someone who might have been able to "review" this thingy right away and give me a decision.

The only difference is that they told me it would take about 10 and not 30 days for the review. And one curious detail popped up. I applied less than two hours ago, after 9 AM ET, but they had the app pending from the 22nd, yesterday. They deemed that strange but spun it as something positive for "I'd have to wait one day less than I would've normally."

Thanks for your responses.

Message 9 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

So it's a waiting game now. I would check the automated line every few days for updates then. I can imagine with the holidays fast approaching they are busier than usual trying to process applications as fast as they are able. Good luck with your app and hope you get approved!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.