Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon store card denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon store card denial

Despite my better judgement, being tired and Amazon bugging me about a $100 SUB each time I added something to the cart and on every_single_product_page decided to apply for the Amazon store card to get them to shutup. Figured it would be a denial and it was. 

650s FICO 8 I guess is too low for them with a limited history. They pulled TU which I only have 1 HP with. 

No other cards within my reach for quite some time that are appealing to me so nothing really that harmful. Don't think a extra HP is going to change matters too much. 

Will wait 6 months now and hopefully have a SP CLI on my WF card and try for a Chase Freedom. Reading here it's likely a auto denial regardless of your credit if it's younger than a year. 

On a postive note their begging has stopped now. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon store card denial

Sorry to hear about the denial.  I agree that Chase would prefer to see a year of credit history before being approved.  People have been approved outside of the one year general guideline but there are far more that have been denied.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about the denial.  I agree that Chase would prefer to see a year of credit history before being approved.  People have been approved outside of the one year general guideline but there are far more that have been denied.

I wonder how many outside the 1 year ideal goal had checking accounts with them? 

Message 3 of 11
Raisondetre
Contributor

Was this the store card through Synchrony or the Amazon Visa through Chase?

Chase is iffy when you have under a year of credit history. Sometimes they'll approve but it's rare. Synchrony can sometimes be iffy too, especially if you have a thin file with higher utilization or baddies on your credit. Score isn't everything when applying for a credit card, it depends on the whole file.
Most Used
Amex Hilton Honors Aspire - $30K
Amex Hilton Honors Business - $10K
Amex Amazon Prime Business - $12.4K

Used sparingly or in sock drawer
X1 Visa - $27K
PenFed Gold Visa - $9K
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $5K
Care Credit - $20K
Walmart Mastercard - $2K
Tractor Supply card - $6K
Amazon Prime Synchrony Card - $10K
Home Depot card - $12K
PNC Points - $13K
FNBO Evergreen - $2.8k
Discover It Chrome - $2.8K
Discover it Cash Back - $1K
FNBO Visa Signature - $1K
Commence Bank Special Connections - $2K
WF Reflect - $4K

Fico scores September 2023
Equifax - 786
Experian - 770
Transunion - 776
Had scores in the 500s 5 years ago
Message 4 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Sorry OP

With Synchrony bank, a denial today can easily mean yes next month

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raisondetre wrote:

Chase is iffy when you have under a year of credit history. Sometimes they'll approve but it's rare. Synchrony can sometimes be iffy too, especially if you have a thin file with higher utilization or baddies on your credit. Score isn't everything when applying for a credit card, it depends on the whole file.

It was the Amazon store card. Not the Chase Visa card. 

Wanted it manily for the SUB so no huge loss. 

Message 6 of 11
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Raisondetre wrote:

@credit-user-19

What is your AAoA and your AoYA?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Raisondetre wrote:

@credit-user-19

WF card is 6 months old and the target is around 3 now. No other credit. 

Message 8 of 11
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Raisondetre wrote:

@credit-user-19

WF card is 6 months old and the target is around 3 now. No other credit. 

Time to let things age again.  Your profile is brand new, it needs some time... 6months would be great.  9 months would be better.  Your scores and profile simly won't accomodate most approvals.  But time and on time payments will solve that!

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sent me these reasons for denial:

Most recently opened revolving account is too new
Oldest account was opened too recently
Total of credit limits and loan amounts is too low - Really? Figured it would be like a low $300 SL

First two make sense the last I don't understand. They looking for people with 5k limits or something?

Didn't figure Synchrony would be that picky for the store card but I guess they are. This probably nothing out of the ordnary. Guess the Target REDcard has a MUCH lower entry. That was approved only 3 months into my journey with a very thin file. 

Pulled a TU score of 640. Unsure if FICO 8 or 9. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.