cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Blue Cash Everyday Denied? Should I got for a recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Blue Cash Everyday Denied? Should I got for a recon?

I've been gathering info around these forums for awhile. I'm 18 and have one credit card (well 2). I have the PNC CashBuilder Visa Signature card with a 5k limit, keep in mind my dad has been with this bank for years and has good credit yet they initially declined him but later approved him for a 3k limit with a standard Visa. I've also read that it's a hard card to get for anyone in general so I was surprised to be approved and upgraded, maybe because I have a checking account with them. My second card is me being an authorized user under my dad's Walmart Mastercard so I'm not even sure if that counts.

Anyways I tried to see if I prequalified but it didn't say congrats just gave me a special offer for the BCE so I thought I should give it a go. They asked for more info and then I got instantly declined. I read on these forums someone had success writing a letter with counter points for every reason they've been declined and they just randomly got the card in the mail. I was thinking about doing that but will that put another hard pull on my record?

I have a feeling it would be my income. I  

Scores 710-740 for EX, EQ, and TU.

These are the reasons they gave for denial:

The length of time is too short since the first account on your credit report was opened. (I'm building credit the walmart card was about a year ago that was the first)

Our evaluation of the inquiries on your credit report based on the number, type and recency. (I've only applied to 2 cards)

Too few established accounts or insufficient account information. (What type of insufficient information?)

There are no credit card accounts, excluding retail cards, on your credit report. (I have the PNC credit card so... doesn't make sense)

I'd appreciate any and all help. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read an reply.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: American Blue Cash Everyday Denied? Should I got for a recon?

How long have you had the PNC card?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

3-4 months 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call 800-567-1083 and recon.  They dont require a letter or your feedback.  

When I started back a year ago, I got my ED three months after my first card, when I did not even have fico scores.   

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. Would that put another hard pull on my report?
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the info. Would that put another hard pull on my report?

Never...One pull is already too many

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for sure !
If you call for a recon, make sure that it's not a second hard pull.
It would not be worth 2 hard pulls for one card in my opinion !
That's why I don't like Cap1.
3 pulls for one of their cards..
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
+1 for sure !
If you call for a recon, make sure that it's not a second hard pull.
It would not be worth 2 hard pulls for one card in my opinion !
That's why I don't like Cap1.
3 pulls for one of their cards..

I asked the rep and she told me there's a strong chance they might pull my report again and there's no guarantees. Would it be worth a second pull? Or should I just call it quits and apply for a different card? Or just hold off in general?

Message 8 of 16
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

you are young, you have time.  try and get solid starter cards would be my advice.  a cap1 plat is a great starter card, many think that a low line from them goes nowhere but I did a $300>14,300 3 years ago to ymmv.  3 hps but sp clis.  nice outfit to deal with.  if you have a mil angle join nfcu, same thing nice place to start.  always try and get chase cards if you want them sooner than later, re 5/24.  you can get the au off your report if this jams you up.  treat them with respect.  never be late.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

you are young, you have time.  try and get solid starter cards would be my advice.  a cap1 plat is a great starter card, many think that a low line from them goes nowhere but I did a $300>14,300 3 years ago to ymmv.  3 hps but sp clis.  nice outfit to deal with.  if you have a mil angle join nfcu, same thing nice place to start.  always try and get chase cards if you want them sooner than later, re 5/24.  you can get the au off your report if this jams you up.  treat them with respect.  never be late.

After reading this and other posts saying a second pull is too much for one I decided not to go for the recon but instead apply for the Discover it Chrome for Students and got instantly approved for 1.5k. Big thanks to everyone sharing there knowledge with me.  

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.