Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blacklist Override??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Blacklist Override??

Here’s a situation!

4 years ago i had my identity compromised, police department actually arrested someone with my cards/info on them. One was an American Express card. Luckily police department and bureaus all cleared the wrong doing.

NOW leads me to this problem. American Express closed my accounts and i figured I’d wait to give their system time to work itself out. I waited about 4 years and just re applied. Auto denial due to “previous accounts closed”. So i called spoke to wonderful rep who gave me underwriting fax and asked me to send over a letter explaining. So i did that this morning with copy of police report etc.

Now i just get another auto denial saying they can’t over ride.

Is this a blacklist for life?!! How do i get out of this! Any experience?
Thank you.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Blacklist Override??

You had your identity stolen when you were 4 year's old?
Message 2 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm assuming the OP meant 4 years ago? Perhaps s/he could clarify.

OP, based on the unique fraud/ID theft circumstances, this is definitely going to be a bit of an uphill battle which will likely take some time to resolve. Potentially, if you can prove to AmEx via any documents/affidavits, police reports, etc., then it's likely that may merit a positive outcome. These kinds of situations may require escalation, though, and perhaps the EO might need to be engaged.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes 4 years ago.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @finstar. I did fax that over to Amex (police report ). They simply replied they are unable to override. I’m wondering if this is a permanent blacklist and if i should just give up?
Message 5 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

If you IIB Amex, you are on the no-no list for minimum 5 years. Maybe next year you will hae better luck ??

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @meanmchine i was wondering if there was a time frame they list or not!! Next year I’ll try again!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also what does IIb stand for?
Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IIB = Included In Bankruptcy.

If the evidence or information you provided to AmEx did not suffice in resolving the issue, then you can simply keep trying and apply until you're no longer on the blacklist. Eventually, through the passage of time, lots of folks overcome it.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that! No never filed BK. @finstar
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.