Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday approval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Blue Cash Everyday approval odds

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get some information on the approval odds of this card. Has anyone had good or back experience on applying for this card? If so, can you share your credit information or experience? I am interested on applying for this card.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday approval odds

Are you currently an AmEx cardholder or is this going to be your first AmEx card? Have you tried their pre-qualification tool?

It would be helpful for the community to know at least some of the basics or info about your profile, such as your EX FICO score, current tradelines, utilization, AAoA, derogs (if any), etc.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check the Amex Pre-qualified link? Not guarantee, but it's pretty reliable.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/check-for-offers/

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I did but had no offers for me
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not necessarily to say you won't be approved. My first two Amex cards were cold apps with no preapprovals. There are certain typical scores and profiles that the consensus says are needed for various tiers with Amex though. If you're willing to share the details mentioned above we can give you a ballpark guess as to your odds.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the following:
PEFCU $10000
Care Credit $14500
City Furniture $7500
Target $1900
CFU $2500
Discover $3000
Walmart $4000
Kohl’s $700
QS $500
QS1 $500

I have 28 percent utilization. My oldest card is 15 years and newest is 1 and 7 months.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have the following:
PEFCU $10000
Care Credit $14500
City Furniture $7500
Target $1900
CFU $2500
Discover $3000
Walmart $4000
Kohl’s $700
QS $500
QS1 $500

I have 28 percent utilization. My oldest card is 15 years and newest is 1 and 7 months.

If your Experian FICO 8 score is above 680, I would just go ahead and cold app for the BCE. My 19 years old nephew with 1 month of credit history just got approved for the Amex BCE card with $500 last month. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 20
Mv350
Valued Contributor

I was approved for the BCE with 3 derogs for $500. No sub though. 

Message 8 of 20
silver_idle
Established Contributor

I do plan on applying for amex next month, either ED or hilton honors, but there are usually various of factors that goes into rather if they will approve you or not.

@Mv350 wrote:

I was approved for the BCE with 3 derogs for $500. No sub though. 

Congrats. How old were the derogs and what was your EX08 at the time of approval?

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, I did but had no offers for me

The first time I got approved for the BCE I didn't have any pre-approvals. I don't think this means that you won't be approved

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.