Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday approval odds

tag
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday approval odds

OP, how'd it go? Did you end up applying? 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't. I paid off some more on my credit cards. I'm a wait until they all update. 

Message 12 of 20
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 13 of 20
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@silver_idle wrote:

I do plan on applying for amex next month, either ED or hilton honors, but there are usually various of factors that goes into rather if they will approve you or not.

@Mv350 wrote:

I was approved for the BCE with 3 derogs for $500. No sub though. 

Congrats. How old were the derogs and what was your EX08 at the time of approval?

Sorry I totally forgot about this thread!

They are both from 2014, medical collections.

I think I was about 650 at the time of approval

Message 14 of 20
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

Just used their prequal tool today and the BCE showed up with the $150 SUB included and APR is as high as 25.49% which is a little high but it is a good reward card.

I'm contemplating trying for it but my EX FICO 8 is only 674 and I'm just not so sure what my starting limit will be. I don't want to get bucketed. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I might just wait a bit longer for my score to go up a bit more.

What score should I pull the trigger at? If I should wait at all? 680? 690? I would love some input guys.. thanks in advance!

Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
Citi Custom Cash - $6,600
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
Chase slate (AU) - $3,000
Chase Freedom Flex - $11,100
Lowes Advantage card - $10,000
PNC poop points- $4,500
2 student loans 93% paid off
AMEX loan only 7% paid off so far
Total current Utilization among all accounts- 20%

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Blue preferred.....No credit offers either but got approved for 1K last year.....5 years post BK13.   No love on the CLI so far but finally got my foot in the door with AMEX which I never had.   Scores were around 670 when I applied.  

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Amex buckets cards the way Capital One does.

I have $24,000 CL with them in the US and $51,000 in Canada. They grow like weeds

Message 17 of 20
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

What was your EX score upon approval in America and starting limit?

When I say I don't want to be "bucketed" with them I don't mean in the same way cap1 buckets cause they are on a different level, I'm dealing with that right now. What I'm saying is I don't want to get stuck with the max APR and a low limit of $500-1,000 and have trouble getting any real increases down the line. So I'm just wondering if waiting for my score to go up a little more will help or will it really make no significant difference? I mean if it's not gonna really change things then whatever.

Right now my EX FICO 8 is 674 with 1 inquiry in the last year. AAoA is 4 years 9 months. I have a few negative items all very old 4.5 years and older. I'm definitely gonna wait until next month at least and hopefully I'll be at or around 680. The question is if I should push the score up a little more than that.

Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
Citi Custom Cash - $6,600
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
Chase slate (AU) - $3,000
Chase Freedom Flex - $11,100
Lowes Advantage card - $10,000
PNC poop points- $4,500
2 student loans 93% paid off
AMEX loan only 7% paid off so far
Total current Utilization among all accounts- 20%

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for 1k on the BCP. All three scores around 700 and 4 months of history.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved for 1k on the BCP. All three scores around 700 and 4 months of history.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.