cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Everyday Basics - Application (I give up!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Everyday Basics - Application (I give up!)

Last week (11/21/19) I applied for two cards.

One was a Citi Diamond Preferred Card that auto aproved me for $7.5k.

The other one was an Amercian Express Basic card and they didn't auto approve me, but when I checked my application process a few minutes ago it said it was, "In Process". I sort of figured if I was going to get denied it would be fast. Is this a good sign that I may end up getting approved?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Express Basic - Application

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the forums.

While "in-process" may point to a positive outcome, it's not always the case.   It just depends.  That said, you could reach out to the AmEx New Accounts department to determine whether additional information is required to continue processing.

Message 2 of 25
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Last week (11/21/19) I applied for two cards.

One was a Citi Diamond Preferred Card that auto aproved me for $7.5k.

The other one was an Amercian Express Basic card and they didn't auto approve me, but when I checked my application process a few minutes ago it said it was, "In Process". I sort of figured if I was going to get denied it would be fast. Is this a good sign that I may end up getting approved?

What is an Amercian Express Basic card?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Everyday Basics is what they called the card.

Message 4 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im assuming this is for the Everyday card . Basics , ive never heard of. MyFico stamped, lets goSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone who was auto-approved for 7,500 at citi seems likely to be approved for an Amex, but it's hard to make a guess without knowing your details. Unless you've burned them Amex is generally a generous lender.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores at the time I applied were 745 for both TU and EX. My credit card usage is high and I think that might be part of the issue for it not auto approving. After the Citi card gets on my report and I do a balance transfer on two cards that number will go down. I may just have to wait 30 days and reaaply. (?)

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income (Not taxable) - To add or not to add?

When I was filling out an American Express application they had a spot for total income and another spot for income not taxable. It said next to the income not taxable spot that it was optional, and I put an amount in there as some of the income is not taxable, but it made we wonder if there is an advantage to putting a number in the box. 

Anyone know?

Thanks

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Income (Not taxable) - To add or not to add?

Works in your favor for DTI calculation. No taxes taken out on that portion vs. taxes removed from gross taxable annual income.
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Income (Not taxable) - To add or not to add?

Amex 4506-t'd me when I put assets into my application.. when I applied 3 months later.. I left it out.. no 4506-t.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.