Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express TE/Costco Card: Question [Spouse APPROVED]

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express TE/Costco Card: Question

That's what we are hoping for.  Minutes after being approved this morning, we saw the headline about Costco/AmEx terminating their contract.  Ugh!  Keeping our fingers crossed that AmEx will convert this card by the time the contract expires with Costco Smiley Frustrated 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same exact thing happened to me. I received a  preapproved letter for the Costco am ex. We have an Executive Membership and my wife is the primary. The app had our mail drop address on it as that is what Costco has. When I applied on line I changed the address to my home address and the app was put in review and then several days later I got a e-mail saying the app was suspended.

Costco is VERY ticky about address changes. I called Costco to change our address and they said my wife would have to call as she is the primary cardholder. I told them I needed to have equal privileges as her as I am the primary shopper. Costco told me to have her call and tell them she wanted me to have equal authority as her on the card and to change the address.

she did that no problem, and the next day I called Am ex, gave them the reference number and they said I was missing one digit on my Costco card number. My wife was on the app as an authorized user already. They pulled everything up with the revised Costco number, put me on hold briefly then came back and said I was approved and the cards would arrive I within 10 days. I immediately went on line and found we were approved for a $5000 limit and the cards came in 5 days.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express TE/Costco Card: Question [Spouse APPROVED]

most likely they will convert to something else

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The same exact thing happened to me. I received a  preapproved letter for the Costco am ex. We have an Executive Membership and my wife is the primary. The app had our mail drop address on it as that is what Costco has. When I applied on line I changed the address to my home address and the app was put in review and then several days later I got a e-mail saying the app was suspended.

Costco is VERY ticky about address changes. I called Costco to change our address and they said my wife would have to call as she is the primary cardholder. I told them I needed to have equal privileges as her as I am the primary shopper. Costco told me to have her call and tell them she wanted me to have equal authority as her on the card and to change the address.

she did that no problem, and the next day I called Am ex, gave them the reference number and they said I was missing one digit on my Costco card number. My wife was on the app as an authorized user already. They pulled everything up with the revised Costco number, put me on hold briefly then came back and said I was approved and the cards would arrive I within 10 days. I immediately went on line and found we were approved for a $5000 limit and the cards came in 5 days.

They told you that you were a digit off too?!  When I first applied (even though I was ineligible ultimately because I am not primary but secondary) they told me that my membership number was off 1 digit.  Fast forward to my spouse applying:  we were told yet again that the membership # was off 1 digit, and I know **for a fact** that we checked, double checked, and triple checked that number before we filled in that field on the online app!  Needless to say, the rep said this triggered a manual review via an "internal department."  Lo and behold, we were approved, but what a GRUELING process this card was to get!  

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express TE/Costco Card: Question [Spouse APPROVED]

The contract doesn't expire for a year from next month.

Costco is not going to leave it's cardholders stranded. They would lose customers. As in Canada I'm sure all Am Ex cardholders will be converted to the new bank automatically with the same limits they have with Am Ex. And I'm sure Am Ex won't want to lose it's Costco cardholders and will transition them to another card with the same limit.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.