Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Wait 5-6 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Wait 5-6 months?

Is there a reason you must wait six months to request a credit limit with American Express or will you be denied for sure in 5 months?

Thank you

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: American Express Wait 5-6 months?

Because that's their rule. And, if you are denied, you have to wait 90 days from the denial before requesting again.

Message 2 of 22
dragontears
Senior Contributor

They are sticklers for that 6 months, in fact you will get denied if you request an increase 179 days after your last one
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect that's what I needed to know. Thanks a million!

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this outside the AMEX 3CLI after 61 days?

Message 5 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this outside the AMEX 3CLI after 61 days?

It's after you've made your first request, which can be as soon as 61 days. If approved, you have to wait 6 months for a CLI on any card, if denied, you have to wait 90 days for any card.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

This link may help you in timing your CLI

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

Message 7 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@dragontears wrote:
They are sticklers for that 6 months, in fact you will get denied if you request an increase 179 days after your last one

The computer is programmed for 180 days, so anything sooner will be a denial. No use trying to get around rules that are programmed into a system.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Credit increasement back button browser

Here in the next coming week I'll be requesting a credit line increasement from Amex since it will have been six months. I was told to do 3 times my current limit which would make it $27,000. If it request additional income data do you just hit the back button and lower it $1,000 or how much lower do you go? 

I started with a $1,000 credit limit which then went to $3,000 and to $9,000. Never missed a payment and have a gold card too that I pay in full each month. Hoping I get a line increasement to help with a new business startup. 

Anyone know what the chances are? I have a 697 with Experian at this current time. Thank you to all who can shine light.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do if requested information is needed?

Isn't the obvious answer here to provide them with the requested information? If they request it, why not just give it to them?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.