cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express - easiest to get approved?

tag
Lolalee111

American Express - easiest to get approved?

Hello good evening. First time posting here. I would like to know if anyone could advise in which American  Express is the easiest to get approve. My credit score is 670, and do you think that I have a chance to get approve? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express - easiest to get approved?

AMEX uses Experian FICO 8 for scoring and a lot depends on exactly why you have a 670 score but yes it's possible.

It's widely held that the easiest AMEX cards to get approved for are the charge cards and the Delta Gold but IMO you should really be focusing on which cards you might find useful.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hello

In order to provide you with a useful answer, we need a lot more info. 

*Is the 670 a FICO score. If no, please provide your FICO scores?

*Any baddies on your reports? BK,  late payments, liens, etc?

*What is the average age of your accounts?

*What credit cards do you presently have in your wallet?

*What is the utilization?

*How many inquiries in the last 6/12 months?

*What is your debt to income?

Once we know this, we can guide you in the right direction. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 18
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

A 670 score by itself is fine to get you in with AMEX. The question is what else is there on your profile? Any lates? Any other credit lines? 

If so, when was the last one opened? 

Like others have asked .. if you provide more details we can provide you with a more directed advice. 

Current Cards:
Message 4 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Lolalee111 wrote:

Hello good evening. First time posting here. I would like to know if anyone could advise in which American  Express is the easiest to get approve. My credit score is 670, and do you think that I have a chance to get approve? Thanks in advance.

As others have pointed out, your score is good enough to qualify for an Amex card, so I would pick the card that will be most useful, as opposed to one that is easier to get.

That being said, rumor has it that Delta Gold Skymiles is the easiest. I started out with that one, but had little use for it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 18
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

It's widely held that the easiest AMEX cards to get approved for are the charge cards and the Delta Gold but IMO you should really be focusing on which cards you might find useful.

My experience was the opposite. I got declined for the Gold charge card 3 weeks ago and approved for the BCP yesterday with a gigantic SL ($15K). No changes to the EX CR in the interim. Go figure.

Message 6 of 18
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@Lolalee111 I got my way in with 670 and the BCE card.

Message 7 of 18
Lolalee111

Hello! thank you all for the feed back.

I already have capital one quick silver 4500 and 1 month ago I was approved with discovery it with  6000 and I children place credit card with 750 line. I have 11,500 student loan and are in good standing. I’m paying them, also I closed two credit card account back in 2007 which were paid in full. Current balance in Capital one 0. The Discover has a $500 balance. Last week I applied  for chase and I wasn’t approved. With Capital one I have 9 years and with children place 1 year. The only new account that I have is the Discover it. Oh I forgot I also have Nordstrom credit card and Alphaeon both of them with  0 balance. I opened Nordstrom 9 years ago and Alphaeon on June of this year. Thank you so much again for all your replies.

Message 8 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Do you have any derogs on your credit report like a bankruptcy/chargeoffs/30 day lates?       There are some senarios that would drive a 670 score that would trigger an automatic denial without possible reconsideration, there are others where AMEX is much more willing to consider your credit history in its entirety. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@NYC_Fella wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

My experience was the opposite. I got declined for the Gold charge card 3 weeks ago and approved for the BCP yesterday with a gigantic SL ($15K). No changes to the EX CR in the interim. Go figure.

I was talking about the Delta SkyMiles gold card, not the gold charge card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.