cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express - easiest to get approved?

tag
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express - easiest to get approved?

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@NYC_Fella wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

It's widely held that the easiest AMEX cards to get approved for are the charge cards and the Delta Gold but IMO you should really be focusing on which cards you might find useful.

My experience was the opposite. I got declined for the Gold charge card 3 weeks ago and approved for the BCP yesterday with a gigantic SL ($15K). No changes to the EX CR in the interim. Go figure.

I was talking about the Delta SkyMiles gold card, not the gold charge card.

I know. I was responding to @coldfusion's post, not yours. 😊

Message 11 of 18
Lolalee111

I decreased  the usage at 6% and now my score went 698. I went to the AMX Pre-Approval tool and it says that I "qualified" allegedly for the platinum card. 

Message 12 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Lolalee111- welcome to the forums and thanks for updating your thread.

The Platinum charge card isn't a very difficult card to obtain (similar to Gold or Green charge cards) as far as the underwriting criteria goes. As mentioned upthread, I would consider a card that is of benefit and/or value to you vs. just getting your foot in the door. Of noteworthy, if you're going the charge card route, consider the annual fees and whether it makes financial sense for your spending habits.

Message 13 of 18
Lolalee111

Hi! Really? Smiley LOL  I thought that AMX Platium was hard to get approve. I own a Day Care and I was telling my husband that I should shoot my shot at Bank of America  first, do to the fact that, they send me almost every months pre-approval applications for my business. He told to apply for both of them at the same time and he will give me the annual fee if I get approved.

Message 14 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Lolalee111 wrote:

Hi! Really? Smiley LOL  I thought that AMX Platium was hard to get approve. I own a Day Care and I was telling my husband that I should shoot my shot at Bank of America  first, do to the fact that, they send me almost every months pre-approval applications for my business. He told to apply for both of them at the same time and he will give me the annual fee if I get approved.

Yes, indeed.

Granted, not every pre-qualification is 100% guaranteed (until you pull the trigger), but if your husband is feeling very generous and is backing you up on the AFs, then sure why not?

Definitely look at what you're getting with the Platinum charge card.  The AF may be steep for some, but if you can make it work to your advantage and come out ahead, then it's something worth considering. I believe the current SUB is 100K Membership Rewards for spending $6,000 in 6 months.  As far as the BoA card invite, is that a personal or business card offering? Take a look at the invite, they're not pre-aproved AFAIK -- more than likely pre-selected (which is different than a pre-approved offer).

Message 15 of 18
Lolalee111

@FinStar Hi! Is me again if I apply for 2 AMEX, at the same time, do you think that my credit score will drop drasticaly? I'm waiting for my next update on Experian hopefully it will be more the 710. Thanks 

Message 16 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Lolalee111 wrote:

@FinStar Hi! Is me again if I apply for 2 AMEX, at the same time, do you think that my credit score will drop drasticaly? I'm waiting for my next update on Experian hopefully it will be more the 710. Thanks 

Hi @Lolalee111 -- any scoring impacts will really depend on the depth of your overall credit profile. So, if approved for both personal cards, then there will be AAoA impacts once they report -- which can typically occur in about a month or so.  There's really no way to predict how much your scores woud drop because results are profile-dependent.

If there's no rush to apply, then you could wait until your FICO scores are updated and then try the AmEx pre-qualification tool again. 

Message 17 of 18
C6
Regular Contributor

Amex is just weird. One never knows how they will behave from one day to the next. I did the prequalify a few days ago and I was prequalified for every card they had with the exception of the Delta and the Hilton cards. I was only interested in the Hilton Surpass card so maybe I'll try another time. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.