Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express preapproval

tag
Working-on-Credit1
New Contributor

Re: Amex application

It was on all 3 but I had them removed I wish there was a phone number for Experian where you can actually speak to someone. Amex told me once I speak with Experian and have the fraud alert removed and phone number on file with them yo wait 24hrs then call the verification dept back. They even sent me a welcome offer blue cash card email.

Message 11 of 17
Working-on-Credit1
New Contributor

Re: American Express preapproval

Fraud alert on my ex file and Amex says to have alert removed and update phone number on ex file. They said after I do that wait 24hrs then call their verification dept. so I am not to sure about an approval. But any other time I applied they straight out denied me. So will keep fingers crossed.

Message 12 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Working-on-Credit1,

Two threads on the same topic have been merged.  Please refrain from posting multiple threads and/or cross-posting in different areas on the same subject as it is against our TOS and it can lead to confusion by the community.  Since you are discussing your AmEx overall experience from end-to-end, multiple threads are not necessary.  Thank you for your understanding on this.

-FS

Message 13 of 17
Working-on-Credit1
New Contributor

EX Fico 8 - 746

Utilization-  1%
Inquiries- 2

Derog- Bankruptcy 5yrs 4 months

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex application

@Working-on-Credit1 wrote:

It was on all 3 but I had them removed I wish there was a phone number for Experian where you can actually speak to someone. Amex told me once I speak with Experian and have the fraud alert removed and phone number on file with them yo wait 24hrs then call the verification dept back. They even sent me a welcome offer blue cash card email.

Live Person: 1 (714) 830-7000

Message 15 of 17
Working-on-Credit1
New Contributor

I got it!!! Low limit but got my food in the door. I'm happy!! 

Message 16 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card.

Feel free to start an approval thread if you wish to do so. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.