Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express preferred reward gold card

tag
Nurse_J
Valued Member

American Express preferred reward gold card

I received a letter that I was pre-screened for the american express preferred reward gold card. What are my chances if I apply for the card?

Macys American Express - 6400, 19,000
Nordstrom - 15,000
Bank of America - 9,100
Bank of America Cash Rewards - 8,000
Barclay Arrival Mastercard - 7,000

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 25,900
Chase Freedom - 1,000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express preferred reward gold card

Can you give the experts here some more data points to go off of?  They could prob give you some good advice with more info.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-screened means they've seen your credit report. If you've nothing to be ashamed of on there, well, I think you're likely to be approved with the scores that show on your signature line. However, ymmv...

Message 3 of 9
Nurse_J
Valued Member

My credit score for exp, equi, and transU are in the mid 700s my oldest CC is 2 years old. Income is about 65k. Own my mortgage.

I am tempted to apply.
Nordstrom - 15,000
Bank of America - 9,100

Chase Freedom - 1,000
Message 4 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Pre-screened is more of their general mailers and pre-approved is more targeted. If your scores are current I don't see why you would not be able to get it unless there's something in your file that they don't like.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 9
Nurse_J
Valued Member

Thank you so much for the feedbacks
Nordstrom - 15,000
Bank of America - 9,100

Chase Freedom - 1,000
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a very good chance of being approved

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the pre-screened offer that they are giving you? You might want to hold off until they will send you a more favorable offer. 

Message 8 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Nurse_J wrote:

I received a letter that I was pre-screened for the american express preferred reward gold card. What are my chances if I apply for the card?

I received these same mailers for a while and when I apped in June 2013 I was instantly approved.

I went for it because there was a 25K MR bonus and annual fee was waived for the first year. Did you get similar/same offer?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.