Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 181 days

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex 181 days

It sounds like this was barely an approval for your DH during that time period.

What does the rest of his profile look like? Are there any negatives, high utilization? What was listed as the reason for the CLI denial?
Message 11 of 29
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

His score is 681 8% utilization he has 2 medical collections which were there on approval. We haven't received the denial letter yet just applied for CLI on Monday.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I would review the reasons once the letter is generated to determine what may need improved to eventually qualify for the CLI.

Hopefully it's as simple as the CLI is forthcoming, if in the "steps" type of program. Otherwise, just wait until his account qualifies based on the reasons cited.
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just ask if you are in steps in chat. They are very helpful.

Message 14 of 29
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
I would review the reasons once the letter is generated to determine what may need improved to eventually qualify for the CLI.

Hopefully it's as simple as the CLI is forthcoming, if in the "steps" type of program. Otherwise, just wait until his account qualifies based on the reasons cited.

When he received the denial letter from the 91 day try it stated collections, he has 2 medical that were on there since approval, so not much we can do about thatSmiley Sad

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it will be easier to see if he is preapproved for another Amex card. Your SL May be higher since you now have history and might be easier to grow. Maybe they bucket like cap1
Message 16 of 29
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe it will be easier to see if he is preapproved for another Amex card. Your SL May be higher since you now have history and might be easier to grow. Maybe they bucket like cap1

He got the Hilton card at 91 days it has a 1000SL.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 17 of 29
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would just ask if you are in steps in chat. They are very helpful.

Just asked in chat, CSR stated he has never heard of a "credit steps program" they don't have that programSmiley Mad I give up LOL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

what?

omg... that is ridiculous. I guess your question wasn't on their script? There was one chat guy really wasn't good, but usually they are helpful. 

Maybe try calling in to CSR? I have only spoken with two of them. One was so impressive. The other, yikes! Hopefully they got her trained. That poor woman... I had given my ss#, my phone #.... she said I didn't have accounts. I said I do. She checked again, "no, you have no accounts with Chase." Yes I do, cc & auto loan. So I tell her to recheck my ss#. She tells me that is not the number I gave her. I asked what ss number she had. She was tryng to use numbers from my phone number. whew!!!

Message 19 of 29
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yes completely ridiculous I know there's a step program acting like they never heard of it

Then he tried to say he didn't see a CLI on file and did I want to request one, I said no he did on Monday he said oh well then it was probably a decline? What in the world
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.