Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI Request

tag
Clegga
Valued Member

Amex 3x CLI Request

I requested today for my 3x CLI from Amex after having the account open for 61 days. I opened the account on April 2nd, so I believe today would be the day to apply, but perhaps I was too early to apply at 1:40am as I got everyone's favorite "You will recieve a written response in 7-10 days" message.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 3x CLI Request

@Clegga wrote:

I requested today for my 3x CLI from Amex after having the account open for 61 days. I opened the account on April 2nd, so I believe today would be the day to apply, but perhaps I was too early to apply at 1:40am as I got everyone's favorite "You will recieve a written response in 7-10 days" message.

What was your current SL? Have you been putting spend on the card?  Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 2 of 11
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

If you want a definitive answer, call and ask a CSR. They'll tell you if you were too early. If that's the case, no harm no foul and you may request again immediately. If you don't feel like calling, your dreaded letter will give you the reason when it comes. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the day changes at 12AM PST / 3AM EST

Message 4 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Hoping you pulled the trigger too early

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 11
Clegga
Valued Member

SL of $5,000, and I asked for my first CLI to a new total of $15,000. I've put about $2,000 spend on it so far.

Message 6 of 11
Clegga
Valued Member

Update: I checked their website with my ref # and it says that my application was approved!

Message 7 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Clegga wrote:

Update: I checked their website with my ref # and it says that my application was approved!

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 8 of 11
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!!

Message 9 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Clegga wrote:

@Clegga  .. Congratulations! ..

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.