Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 4056t help!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 4056t help!!!

Long story short .. applayed for the delta gold card and the green charge amex both are business cards . My file is thin and I really wanted those cards , my Father have’em in his wallet . He also have 4 different amex cards personal and corporate. Ok but after i did the app.. the status pop up to canceled . After I called the rep.. he told me that they need the 4056t form and i can uploaded online and send it . After i did that i went to the amex web upload site and paste my reff number and all my info a messegage came up that they dont need any further info from me ? So what i should do , wait or call them back?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex 4046t help!!!

Did you complete the 4506-T online?  If not, I'd call to check the status and see if they still need it from you.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello K-in-Boston , yeah i just hung up on the phone with the rep.. he said to download the form from IRS site and uploaded to the amex documents site , but when i did that right the way , I tayped the info and the reff# it pop up the message they dont need anything so I’m thinking 🤔 what’s wrong here?
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our records indicate that no further action is required from you through this site.

If you have any questions, please contact the New Accounts Department at 1-800-567-1083 and we will be happy to assist you further. The department hours of operations are Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern time.

Thank you for your consideration & patience.
Message 4 of 20
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It means they've received the paperwork. How long it takes will depend on if it's gonna be an auto or manual review.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, so_broke_it_hur thx for the reply. Ok how come they received my documents when I didn’t. Send anything yet ? I’m trying to log in to send those paper work...ughhh 😕
Message 6 of 20
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Oh, sorry, I misread. I thought you had said you uploaded the form and then was trying to check the status again. All you can do is call them.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update .... I just called amex again and wanted to verify if they still need anything from me . Crs said they dont need anything for now , I have to wait for them to call me or receive anything in the mail. I’ve asked if she knows if I need to send the 4056t form so I dont have to wait the mail this way I can expidite the process , but she said no just wait and be patient ...it’s easy for her to say that....lol😁
Message 8 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex 4056t help!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
 . My file is thin and I really wanted those cards , my Father have’em in his wallet

Off topic, but just as a PSA:  this generally isn't a great way to choose cards!  Presumably your father has a different credit record and credit needs from you, what works for him may not be a good match for you.    And, depending how credit savvy he is, he could have got those cards as a sort of default choice, and there may be better choices for him as well.

But good luck with resolving the app anyway!

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 4056t help!!!

Yeap thank you longtimelurker for the advice you gave me , I’ll keep in mind . Of course I can’t and I don’t want to compare my dad credit file , bit the whole situation is that I’m working in his company and we spend a lot of money on his amex’s cards and I was thinking if I could get one of those cards I will be able to use’em for the business and on the same side to build some credit on my own . Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.