Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Apply Site is Down

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Amex Apply Site is Down

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!1!11!OMGWTFICOBBQ!1!!!

Screenshot_20191213-112417.jpg

What am I supposed to do with my life if I can't check for pre-approvals on cards I'm not gonna app for?

Really, I'm just posting this in case people are having issues with applications.

10 REPLIES 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Apply Site is Down

I know, I need my daily fix of prequals which I do right after checking my Experian report and CK reports! 😂

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 11
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Lol thanks
Message 3 of 11
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
I know, I need my daily fix of prequals which I do right after checking my Experian report and CK reports! 😂

OMG...that’s my EXACT OCD morning credit behavior!  Make my coffee, check EX, check CK, check AMEX for prequals (for which I will not be applying until summer 2020).....

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 4 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

**bleep** it! I can't confirm my blacklist.

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Now that is "Forced Gardening"Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Peazmom wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

OMG...that’s my EXACT OCD morning credit behavior!  Make my coffee, check EX, check CK, check AMEX for prequals (for which I will not be applying until summer 2020).....

Well I don't specifically check Amex every day, or even do prequals every day, but the checking my reports daily is true. And I'm not going anywhere near Amex probably until December 2021. 😂

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

What am I supposed to do with my life if I can't check for pre-approvals on cards I'm not gonna app for?

What's it like getting a pre-app and not applying? The closest I've ever come to that is choosing which pre-approved card to apply for

Message 8 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous it's pretty difficult. I have a pre-approval for Freedom Unlimited that I've been holding off on for a few months now. I just don't think I'm going to get a decent limit so I don't want to waste my time. Not trying to burn HPs for increases. Been down that road with NFCU to the tune of 5 HPs.

Message 9 of 11
RyVision
Valued Contributor

The AMEX site STILL has this problem after all these years?!  omg.....   

Years ago I remember calling up because I couldn't check something and nicely "bitching" out the reps LOL "I can't believe one of the most well known, biggest financial institutions on the planet can't get their IT issues sorted out!  How am I supposed to rack up usage on your cards if I can't trust the site to let me in or maybe apply for another one!?"  They'd laugh with me.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.