Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE- Application - 14 Day message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE- Application - 14 Day message

Hey Guys,
Applied yesterday (Sat) for Amex BCE after going on their prequal site and seeing it as one of the cards that I prequalified for.

I got the dreaded 14 day message. I went onto their app status site today (Sun) and it says there is no record of my app still. Perhaps too soon to check?

My scores are TU 775 EQ 755 EX 740. AAoA is 10 yrs but currently only have one open tradeline of Cap One secured card that is only 4 months old. I do have a previous history with Amex between 2003-2008. Never late.

What do you think are my odds of getting approved?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex BCE- Application - 14 Day message

Was the previous account with AMEX closed in good standing? Because if it is i think you might be good to get in. Call the credit department when it opens tomorrow assuming the app status doesn't change by then to check in.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex account was closed by creditor but it was in good standing when it closed back in 2008.
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Do you recall why the first card was closed?. Your stats clearly warrant an easy approval but seeing only one open tradeline would make your file considered thin. Perhaps they want to review your app more before giving decision.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex closed my account because they didn't like that my balances were getting high on my other cc accounts. I guess they got spooked back in 2008 when the credit world was collapsing.
Message 5 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I apped for the BCE and was given the 14 day notice

I immediately jumped on MyFico to see if 14 days was good or bad. Before I could pull up a search I got an email alert sound

BAMM

Approved at $2k

Hope you have the same results

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.