Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Denied, but...

tag
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

Amex BCE Denied, but...

So Amex sent me an invitation to apply and after intially laughing and throwing it in the study, I applied. I think I read too many post were people got lucky and decided why not. 

Well, it was denied as I kinda expected, but the letter only list my FICO score as the reason. Negs I have are 1 collection from 2011, a medical judgement from 2012 and a 30 day late this past Aug. My AAOA is 4.3 years. Does the stated reason mean that all I need to do is raise my FICO to be approved? I was concerned with the 30 day late and and collection, but it doesn't appear they were a direct factor. A factor in my score of course, but I'm working to PFD so hopefully that will be resolved soon. 

Any feedback is appreciated.

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Amex BCE Denied, but...

@swtprncess281 wrote:

So Amex sent me an invitation to apply and after intially laughing and throwing it in the study, I applied. I think I read too many post were people got lucky and decided why not. 

Well, it was denied as I kinda expected, but the letter only list my FICO score as the reason. Negs I have are 1 collection from 2011, a medical judgement from 2012 and a 30 day late this past Aug. My AAOA is 4.3 years. Does the stated reason mean that all I need to do is raise my FICO to be approved? I was concerned with the 30 day late and and collection, but it doesn't appear they were a direct factor. A factor in my score of course, but I'm working to PFD so hopefully that will be resolved soon. 

Too bad. Yes if you get the late or collection removed. Should be ok. Imo minimum score for amex is 670. Some with experian 660 will get approved. Anything else is roll of dice. Good luck 

Message 2 of 12
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

Too bad. Yes if you get the late or collection removed. Should be ok. Imo minimum score for amex is 670. Some with experian 660 will get approved. Anything else is roll of dice. Good luck 

Ok, good. I guess I was shocked that neither was specifically listed as the reason for denial. 

I'll working on getting those removed, thanks! Another AMEX question if you don't mind. I had an AMEX corporate card for work 2010-2012. Would they backdate based on that card or not since it's corporate? 

Message 3 of 12
taxi818
Super Contributor

@swtprncess281 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

Ok, good. I guess I was shocked that neither was specifically listed as the reason for denial. 

I'll working on getting those removed, thanks! Another AMEX question if you don't mind. I had an AMEX corporate card for work 2010-2012. Would they backdate based on that card or not since it's corporate? 

In your case they probably will as any au before 2011 was able to keep au msd. So if you had in 2010 yes. You would get back dated.  Anyone else. SOL. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

Those 660's are few and far in between for AMEX revolvers and typically have something to do with high AAoA, Lack of inquiries, Previous relationship with AMEX, or High Income.

Message 5 of 12
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

Those 660's are few and far in between for AMEX revolvers and typically have something to do with high AAoA, Lack of inquiries, Previous relationship with AMEX, or High Income.

Well that makes me feel better as I have maybe 3 of those bases covered. Based on the email above it seems my corporate card could be considered a previous relationshipt. On the question of AAoA, what is considered high? 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@swtprncess281 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

Well that makes me feel better as I have maybe 3 of those bases covered. Based on the email above it seems my corporate card could be considered a previous relationshipt. On the question of AAoA, what is considered high? 

8yrs+ seems to be the standard for "High"

5yrs+ though will typically get one through the invisible wall with most creditors if you're not showing any recent delinquency provided you're not brimming with INQ's.

Message 7 of 12
msbia
Established Contributor

Op, I got the same letter with reason back in August. My EXP score then was 660. Applied again for Delta in October with immediate approval although low limit of $1k and approved for PRG. My score then? 661 lol. I have a collection scheduled to fall off 1/2015 and a paid/released tax lien showing. My AAoA is 4 yrs.
Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 8 of 12
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@msbia wrote:
Op, I got the same letter with reason back in August. My EXP score then was 660. Applied again for Delta in October with immediate approval although low limit of $1k and approved for PRG. My score then? 661 lol. I have a collection scheduled to fall off 1/2015 and a paid/released tax lien showing. My AAoA is 4 yrs.

These companies are so fickle. LOL 

Well, I just received a myfico alert that my eq has jumped to 643 so hopefully ex is moving along as well. The collection is with Ad Astra and they've stated once I pay it they will delete. They don't do letters, but I've searched the boards pretty good and they seem to be true to their word. I don't want a ton of credit just one or two good solid cards with decent rewards. I'll work on the score for a few months and apply again when I get to 661 I guess Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 12
taxi818
Super Contributor

@swtprncess281 wrote:

@msbia wrote:

These companies are so fickle. LOL 

Well, I just received a myfico alert that my eq has jumped to 643 so hopefully ex is moving along as well. The collection is with Ad Astra and they've stated once I pay it they will delete. They don't do letters, but I've searched the boards pretty good and they seem to be true to their word. I don't want a ton of credit just one or two good solid cards with decent rewards. I'll work on the score for a few months and apply again when I get to 661 I guess Smiley Very Happy

That's why I said minimum 670 but  at bare bones. 661-665

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.