Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE - "Can we speak to you on the phone?"

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Amex BCE - "Can we speak to you on the phone?"

I was approved on 5/24 for the Delta Gold, which arrived today. I had read that many people got approved for other cards at the same time and the Blue Cash Everyday is the card I really really wanted... so I applied for BCE tonight. I got the message:

"Thanks, <my name>. Can we speak to you on the phone?

Please call us to talk to a Customer Care representative who will provide you with a decision.
If we don’t hear from you, we’ll try to contact you within 2 to 3 days using the number you just provided in your application."

I called and of course they are closed for the day.

I did use the application status page and it says my BCE application is "In Progress".

I wonder if there is a chance I will get approved for this card too... because I really want it for the cash back and promotion.

Anyone with a simliar experience on the message? I hope it doesnt cause problems for my Delta Gold.... I've been working to get in with Amex and would hate to lose it or be penalized somehow.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE - "Can we speak to you on the phone?"

Yes, definitely give them a call when they are open.  Nothing to worry about.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@dallasareaguy wrote:

I was approved on 5/24 for the Delta Gold, which arrived today. I had read that many people got approved for other cards at the same time and the Blue Cash Everyday is the card I really really wanted... so I applied for BCE tonight. I got the message:

Please call us to talk to a Customer Care representative who will provide you with a decision.
If we don’t hear from you, we’ll try to contact you within 2 to 3 days using the number you just provided in your application."

I did use the application status page and it says my BCE application is "In Progress".

I wonder if there is a chance I will get approved for this card too... because I really want it for the cash back and promotion.

Anyone with a simliar experience on the message? I hope it doesnt cause problems for my Delta Gold.... I've been working to get in with Amex and would hate to lose it or be penalized somehow.

I had the exact same experience when I applied for the Delta Gold and PRG last week... my Delta Gold was auto-approved, then a few hours later when I went for the PRG I got the same screen you're describing.  It turned out well!

I'll just add that in my case each time I tried to call I would input the last four of my SS# and ZIP code as requested only to be told the system was down (for both the automated assistant and regular CSRs) and to please try again later.  I got this the entire day, then the next day they called me - and I missed the call.  Smiley Frustrated

When I called them back (on a different toll free number) I once again got the same 'system is down' message but this time I tried again and didn't put in my information, and allowed the call to go to a CSR, who was able to promptly access my application and tell me I was approved. 

FWIW, if they happen to call and leave you a VM, be sure to note the code they will leave in the message... in my case I was specifically asked if I had it (thankfully I did) and when I was able to provide it the gentleman helping me seemed very pleased  - things were smooth from there.  I think it likely helped verify that the phone number I provided is 'legit'.

Good luck... I have a feeling good news is right around the corner!  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 10
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@dallasareaguy wrote:

I had the exact same experience when I applied for the Delta Gold and PRG last week... my Delta Gold was auto-approved, then a few hours later when I went for the PRG I got the same screen you're describing.  It turned out well!

I'll just add that in my case each time I tried to call I would input the last four of my SS# and ZIP code as requested only to be told the system was down (for both the automated assistant and regular CSRs) and to please try again later.  I got this the entire day, then the next day they called me - and I missed the call.  Smiley Frustrated

When I called them back (on a different toll free number) I once again got the same 'system is down' message but this time I tried again and didn't put in my information, and allowed the call to go to a CSR, who was able to promptly access my application and tell me I was approved. 

FWIW, if they happen to call and leave you a VM, be sure to note the code they will leave in the message... in my case I was specifically asked if I had it (thankfully I did) and when I was able to provide it the gentleman helping me seemed very pleased  - things were smooth from there.  I think it likely helped verify that the phone number I provided is 'legit'.

Good luck... I have a feeling good news is right around the corner!  Smiley Wink

I called them this morning when the screen said they would be available (10 ET).... The rep was hilarious with his whole "thanks for calling us with your precious time" .... my time isn't precious dude. Smiley Wink

Anyway, he said that my card application was on hold due to two applications in 5 days. He said to wait 3-5 more days... He said "We do this to watch out for fraudsters"

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 4 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@dallasareaguy wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@dallasareaguy wrote:

I called them this morning when the screen said they would be available (10 ET).... The rep was hilarious with his whole "thanks for calling us with your precious time" .... my time isn't precious dude. Smiley Wink

Anyway, he said that my card application was on hold due to two applications in 5 days. He said to wait 3-5 more days... He said "We do this to watch out for fraudsters"

I would say that's a good sign; it's also normal for when you apply for two revolvers (credit) cards within five days of each other.  In my case last week it was a charge and a revolver, so I didn't have to wait.

Good luck, and let us know once you have more news!  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Hope it works out. At least you know it hasn't been denied at this point.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 10
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: Got phone call for verification... BCE also approved at $5000. WOO!

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice! enjoySmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats whohooo!!
Message 9 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@dallasareaguy wrote:

UPDATE: Got phone call for verification... BCE also approved at $5000. WOO!

Congrats on an awesome approval!  Smiley Very Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/2-AMEX-in-6-Days-So-Happy/m-p/4618542

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.