Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE

I checked their prequal and did not get any offers back.  Does Amex typically SP EX for the preapprovals?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex BCE

I'm not sure on the SP, but I know the HP for me was EX.  I also had them come back with offers for multiple cards.  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was your EX score at the time? 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's pretty reasonable if they SP Experian for promotional offers given that they mostly use EX for credit desicions. However, they do also SP TransUnion.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

When Amex SP, are they pulling a current score? 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any Amex credit cards already or would this be a first card?

I have no Amex cards and no prequalifications ever.  But my EX FICO8 was 710 so I cold apped for BCP and was instantly approved for $2000, and CLI to $6000 61 days later.

If your EX FICO8 is decent, just cold app.

Also, I had tons of new accounts and inquiries, still approved with an average FICO score.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be my first Amex card.  My EX is 673 currently and I'm not sure if that will make the cut.  

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with that!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are unsure of are on the cusp, simply wait a bit until you aren't so that your chances for a favorable result.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey prestige. I have a 670 EX. Just applied and approved for the BCE yesterday. For $1000. And then apprd for the Delta Blue Miles card and approved. NPSL. I've checked pre-qualified on their site for over a year and never got one. It was a cold app for me. YMMV

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.