Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP 61 Day 3xCLI Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCP 61 Day 3xCLI Denial

First have to say, this site is very additive and informative. Been coming on here for months now, but this will be my first actual post on this forum.  As stated in title I applied for the 3x CLI couple times on my BCP and been denied.

some  background info,  End of May applied for the BCP was immeditaly approved for 5K, they pulled my EX, with a 678  score . Third times a charge for me. First two times i applied once a year ago, and 2nd time 3 months prior i was denied both times ( scores at the time was 669). This time around i was pre approved for the blue cash everyday and amex everyday but decided to go blind luck for the BCP ( really wanted the 6%) . Almost feel out of my seat,when saw was instantly approved, being first  2 times i applied was for the Everyday card and was denied. BCP is my first amex, but not my first CC. 2 Days later took a gamble again, while using VPN  got the Amex Platnium 75k MR 5K spend, i know not the 100k, but really wanted the card,  applied and was immeditaly approved as well. 

Back to BCP CLI, The first time i applied for a cli on my BCP was before the 61 days, got the dreaded 7-10 day notice. when i got letter in mail said it was too soon and to wait to 61 days. Day61 comes around Belive was July26 i applied again for 3x CLI  got the 7-10 notice again. Have put some decent spend on the card  as well before applying.  BCP is lowest CL of all my Cr's. Have a quicksilver with a CLof 12,600 ( received couple CLI's)  and Venture 1 with a CL of 15,000 ( was  my intial SL, next card will be trying to get a CLI on), but Was really hoping to get the 3x CLI  bring my BCP up to 15k. 

When Letter came in the mail for the 61 day  CLI it said was denied due to not long enough banking history with amex, and account balances with amex are to high ( balance at the time was only $800) but ok.  About 2 weeks later, which was Last week i went to try again 3x CLI  ( was around day 76)  just to see what would happen, got the 7-10 day notice again.Then this time Got 2 letters in the mail from amex ( even thought i only appd once for the cli) .  Both the letters stated was denied because it was before 61 days of account open and account was to new, and try again after 61 days of the account being open. Which was Same letter orginaly got, but  the letter was dated from august and  well past 61 days. Has anyone ever seen this before? Thought maybe would get same reason i got about not enough banking history, but not please wait to 61 days, account is to new.  

Do i go again and try for a CLI or wait a couple months?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCP 61 Day 3xCLI Denial

@Anonymous wrote:

First have to say, this site is very additive and informative. Been coming on here for months now, but this will be my first actual post on this forum.  As stated in title I applied for the 3x CLI couple times on my BCP and been denied.

some  background info,  End of May applied for the BCP was immeditaly approved for 5K, they pulled my EX, with a 678  score . Third times a charge for me. First two times i applied once a year ago, and 2nd time 3 months prior i was denied both times ( scores at the time was 669). This time around i was pre approved for the blue cash everyday and amex everyday but decided to go blind luck for the BCP ( really wanted the 6%) . Almost feel out of my seat,when saw was instantly approved, being first  2 times i applied was for the Everyday card and was denied. BCP is my first amex, but not my first CC. 2 Days later took a gamble again, while using VPN  got the Amex Platnium 75k MR 5K spend, i know not the 100k, but really wanted the card,  applied and was immeditaly approved as well. 

Back to BCP CLI, The first time i applied for a cli on my BCP was before the 61 days, got the dreaded 7-10 day notice. when i got letter in mail said it was too soon and to wait to 61 days. Day61 comes around Belive was July26 i applied again for 3x CLI  got the 7-10 notice again. Have put some decent spend on the card  as well before applying.  BCP is lowest CL of all my Cr's. Have a quicksilver with a CLof 12,600 ( received couple CLI's)  and Venture 1 with a CL of 15,000 ( was  my intial SL, next card will be trying to get a CLI on), but Was really hoping to get the 3x CLI  bring my BCP up to 15k. 

When Letter came in the mail for the 61 day  CLI it said was denied due to not long enough banking history with amex, and account balances with amex are to high ( balance at the time was only $800) but ok.  About 2 weeks later, which was Last week i went to try again 3x CLI  ( was around day 76)  just to see what would happen, got the 7-10 day notice again.Then this time Got 2 letters in the mail from amex ( even thought i only appd once for the cli) .  Both the letters stated was denied because it was before 61 days of account open and account was to new, and try again after 61 days of the account being open. Which was Same letter orginaly got, but  the letter was dated from august and  well past 61 days. Has anyone ever seen this before? Thought maybe would get same reason i got about not enough banking history, but not please wait to 61 days, account is to new.  

The rule is if you're denied a CLI because you asked to early, you have to wait 30 days from the date of denial before making another request.  If you are denied for a credit related reason you have to wait 90 days from the date of denial.

You got multiple letters because 90 days had not elapsed since the last denial.  Insufficent history with Amex and high balances are credit related reasons so you needed to wait 90 days.  When you make another application before that waiting period ends Amex's computers will automatically deny you.  That's the reason you received the same letter with different dates.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You must wait 91 days after denials based on your profile (not for early start), in this case it would be the denial with the reasoning : not enough history with Amex/balance too high. This is why you were denied 3rd time around regardless what the letter said.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotchya thanks for the clarification
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The rule is if you're denied a CLI because you asked to early, you have to wait 30 days from the date of denial before making another request.  If you are denied for a credit related reason you have to wait 90 days from the date of denial.

You got multiple letters because 90 days had not elapsed since the last denial.  Insufficent history with Amex and high balances are credit related reasons so you needed to wait 90 days.  When you make another application before that waiting period ends Amex's computers will automatically deny you.  That's the reason you received the same letter with different dates.

Further clarification, with Amex specifically, this part isn't accurate. If you're denied because you asked too early, you may ask again as soon as you pass the actual amount of days you had to wait. To elaborate, you have to wait 61 days but you ask at day 58. You may ask immediately as soon as day 61 arrives even though you were denied at day 58. The rest of the statement is true. I was recently denied my second 3x CLI with Amex for asking two weeks too early because of a miscalculation. I asked once the time came again and was counter offered a 2x CLI because of what Amex saw in my credit profile.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.