Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP CLI denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCP CLI denied

Just pulled the switch and got the 7-14 day msg.  Does this generally mean a denial?  Sorry for the redundant question.  I did search but did not find the answer.  Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex BCP CLI denied

More than likely unfortunately. Did you make sure you didn't request too early there?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was over 2 months ago. I asked the CSR if it was too early. She told me it would be 7-14 to get a response before I even requested.
Message 3 of 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It was over 2 months ago. I asked the CSR if it was too early. She told me it would be 7-14 to get a response before I even requested.

Before you even requested? CLI requests are instaneous so if you didn't get one the denail letter will state the reason why. Or if you want you can call customer service and have them send you over to their credit department to see what the deal is if you never got that letter.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I thought it strange too. She asked me for account number security code and 3 numbers on back of card. I thought CLI are instant.
Message 5 of 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, I thought it strange too. She asked me for account number security code and 3 numbers on back of card. I thought CLI are instant.

If she said BEFORE the CLI request that it would take 7-14 days then she didn't know what she was talking about.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting development.... I called AMEX about the declined CLI.  I asked reasons why it was declined. The CSR began to tell me that my FICO was 646 (from Feb 2019), that I have Collection account which impacted my payment history bla bla bla.  I explained that the Collection Account was eroneous and has been deleted, my current FICO is 705 with perfect payment history.  She told me it would be forwarded to the UW for a manual review along with a current FICO score.  I never realized that AMEX soft pulls with old Vantage scores....  Who'd figured.  Fingers crossed

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.