Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Blue Cash

3 statements have cut so I went for the cli. My SL was $3900. I requested 3x at $11700 and got 

your request is being reviewed blah blah 7-10 days. I have about a $600 balance. 

What went wrong? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Blue Cash

Nothing may have gone wrong. Is this your first/only Amex? If so, that’s probably it - the 3x CLI is far from guaranteed, and often a new Amex cardholder won’t even sniff a CLI for at least six months since Amex wants to get a feel for you, your spend patterns, and your payment habits.
Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You weren't elible at this time. Keep trying. Set uour clock for 90 daysSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

3 statements have cut so I went for the cli. My SL was $3900. I requested 3x at $11700 and got 

your request is being reviewed blah blah 7-10 days. I have about a $600 balance. 

What went wrong? 

Hi OP

I agree 100% with what has already been said. But if it is a decline, you can recon (I think). 

So a couple of questions:

• Has anything changed in your report since you were approved for the AmX card--score drop, UT increase, additional inquiries?
  • I hope the answer to this next question is no. Were you only making minimum payments? If yes, AmX doesn't like minimum payments. Again, if yes, increase minimum payment 3X? 

I'll keep my finger crossed that it is not a decline--even though it is the dreaded 7-10 day letter.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's definitely not a sure thing. It wasn't for me when I tried at the 3 month mark. Amex ended up giving me an auto increase when the card was a year old but it was nowhere near the 3x I was hoping for.

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What went wrong? 

Hi OP

I agree 100% with what has already been said. But if it is a decline, you can recon (I think). 

So a couple of questions:

• Has anything changed in your report since you were approved for the AmX card--score drop, UT increase, additional inquiries?
  • I hope the answer to this next question is no. Were you only making minimum payments? If yes, AmX doesn't like minimum payments. Again, if yes, increase minimum payment 3X? 

I'll keep my finger crossed that it is not a decline--even though it is the dreaded 7-10 day letter.

Not on the CLIs, unfortunately Smiley Wink   More than likely, just wait it out and work on the items that may be addressed on the letter, unless the CLI request was premature. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.