Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI 90-Day Clock

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Amex CLI 90-Day Clock

I know there are tons of threads dealing with Amex CLIs, but I can't find this particular topic.

If you request a CLI and get denied because the 90 days between declined requests hasn't yet elapsed, does the clock restart on that day?

Example:

I request a CLI on June 1 and it gets declined. I request again on July 1 and it gets declined because I requested only a month ago. Does the 90 days restart on July 1? 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI 90-Day Clock

No it doesn't. Only a denial or approval based on credit criteria will restart the clock. Simply missing the timing on it will not restart the clock.

You can use the Amex check status link to see the last time you were increased, and use that to figure the next eligible date.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

In case you don't have it handy:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Message 3 of 10
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

On a side note I thought it was you ask on the 91st day...not the 90th?!

Message 4 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

On a side note I thought it was you ask on the 91st day...not the 90th?!

Yeah, the CSR said that 90 full days have to have ELAPSED. 

Message 5 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In case you don't have it handy:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Very handy. Thanks! The CSR did tell me when my last APPROVED request was. But he couldn't say when the denied one was. I know it was within the last few months....

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome Smiley Happy Well if it was a credit-based denial, then it would be 91 days from then. If it was a time-based denial, then there is no reset and you just wait the required additional time.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do only denials show up on that page? My request for my Cash Magnet that was approved doesn't show up there but the approvals and denials of my four card applications do. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen requests for various things on mine, not just card approvals/denials. It's possible that CLIs and such expire after a period but I don't know for sure.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it was just in June so you would think it would still be there but yeah, no reference. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.