Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI Denied

Requested a 3X cli from Amex from $7,000 to $21,000 and the reason was overal debt. Must’ve been my student loans which is about $150k. My utilization is less that 5% and I PIF each month.

It was for the BCP which initially gave me a limit of $2k but I moved $5k from my Delta Plat. Looks like I won’t be getting a CLI from them anytime soon unless I win the lottery lol

All of this is odd because I was approved for a BBP biz card with a revenue of $10k and they gave me a $20k limit. Guess they base that more on business revenue but they looked at the same credit report.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex CLI Denied

Yep, I agree. More than likely AmX looked at your DTI and deemed that $150K in student loan brutal.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.