Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI Request Denied after 61 Day Datapoint

tag
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex CLI Request Denied after 61 Day Datapoint

@Antredd wrote:

I applied and received an AMEX Everyday Preferred Card  in June 2022. I waited 5 days and applied and was approved for AMEX Gold card (a charge card).  I learned about this AMEX datapoint from this forum.

So when I waited for two billing statements to appear on my AMEX Everyday Preferred card to apply for the 3x CLI on the 61st day, I was declined. The reason AMEX gave me was that my AMEX Preferred Card was just recently opened.

I guess waiting 61 day datapoint to ask for a CLI doesn't apply to everyone.

Sorry to hear that you got declined. The only good thing is that it didn't result in a hard inquiry as with other companies, plus you'll be able to request again in a few months.

Message 11 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@shalimarcat wrote:

@Antredd wrote:

I applied and received an AMEX Everyday Preferred Card  in June 2022. I waited 5 days and applied and was approved for AMEX Gold card (a charge card).  I learned about this AMEX datapoint from this forum.

So when I waited for two billing statements to appear on my AMEX Everyday Preferred card to apply for the 3x CLI on the 61st day, I was declined. The reason AMEX gave me was that my AMEX Preferred Card was just recently opened.

Sorry to hear that you got declined. The only good thing is that it didn't result in a hard inquiry as with other companies, plus you'll be able to request again in a few months.

Actually, since it wasn't really a denial but rather an account too new "denial", they can try asking again whenever. It's only when one is denied for a credit-related reason that one must wait 91 days.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 19
Antredd
Valued Member

You are absolutely right. I will wait and see after 91 days and keep you all posted.

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

@Antredd wrote:

Actually, since it wasn't really a denial but rather an account too new "denial", they can try asking again whenever. It's only when one is denied for a credit-related reason that one must wait 91 days.

Message 13 of 19
Traveler101
Established Contributor

When people here reference the 3x. Would anyone dare try to 3x a credit line that was sl 32600?

Message 14 of 19
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@Traveler101 wrote:

When people here reference the 3x. Would anyone dare try to 3x a credit line that was sl 32600?

As long as you don't mind doing their income verification, go for it.

Message 15 of 19
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

@Traveler101 wrote:

I just tried the link about 15 min ago. 63 days old..told too new, lol. I don't know that I would try 3x. Maybe to 50k and verification of income would not be a problem. Give em w2's too if they want them. They gave me my highest opening cl. Highest card I have is 45k. Be nice to see a 50.

Message 16 of 19
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@Traveler101 wrote:

@GatorGuy wrote:

@Traveler101 wrote:

I just tried the link about 15 min ago. 63 days old..told too new, lol. I don't know that I would try 3x. Maybe to 50k and verification of income would not be a problem. Give em w2's too if they want them. They gave me my highest opening cl. Highest card I have is 45k. Be nice to see a 50.

You would very likely still have income verification at $50k. But there is one poster who said she didn't get IV till $55k. Amex will counter you if you ask for too much. So feel free to ask for whatever your income and spend supports.

Message 17 of 19
Antredd
Valued Member

Here's an update. After waiting 6 months, I was approved.  Amex CLI Approval.png

Message 18 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Locked as OP is now approved
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.