Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI request resulted in hard pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI request resulted in hard pulls

This morning I requested CLI for my Amex spg card, and just now credit karma told me Amex hard pulled my TU and EQ credit reports... I checked online and the limit is still unchanged. Is it normal?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: Amex CLI request resulted in hard pulls

@Anonymouswrote:
This morning I requested CLI for my Amex spg card, and just now credit karma told me Amex hard pulled my TU and EQ credit reports... I checked online and the limit is still unchanged. Is it normal?

Not from what I've seen. I just received a CLI in Dec and no HP and app'd for a new card last month and no HP.

Message 2 of 13
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

It’s not normal for them, but it can happen.

I would be more concerned about why they did it over the hard pulls. My best guess is that the computer saw something it didn’t like on your Experian report and wanted to see what was on the other 2.

Have you had any major changes to your credit ? Any negative information happen ? Lots of New accounts ?

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually don't think there's anything too negative on my reports. My newest account is this Amex spg card, which is at the 61 day mark...
Message 4 of 13
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

If it turns out it was denied I would request a copy of those reports with the denial letter. That is , if you don’t have a credit monitoring service that you can review your reports.

I know you can start a dispute on EX and EQ just to get a copy of today’s reports. You don’t actually have to dispute anything but it will let you see your credit reports. Not sure if that works on TU. I would assume it does.

Keep us updated. Other members might have more on why it happened. It’s normally a SP though.

Message 5 of 13
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I would request a credit bureau report for all the and make sure everything is ok. Reason being you being denied credit.. 😉

Message 6 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Shadowfactorwrote:
If it turns out it was denied I would request a copy of those reports with the denial letter. That is , if you don’t have a credit monitoring service that you can review your reports.

I know you can start a dispute on EX and EQ just to get a copy of today’s reports. You don’t actually have to dispute anything but it will let you see your credit reports. Not sure if that works on TU. I would assume it does.

Keep us updated. Other members might have more on why it happened. It’s normally a SP though.

Please tread lightly with this kind of conversation.  There are other ways for consumers to obtain a copy of their credit report without having to use deceptive manners.  If the OP was indeed declined, then he or she is entitled to a free copy of their report from the reporting agency that provided the information to the lender.  However, starting a dispute without merit/reason just to obtain a copy of a report is frown upon around here.   Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Message 7 of 13
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

My apologies. I didn’t realize that what I said was against forum rules. Was just trying to communicate that option to check for inaccuracies and potential fraud issues if OP didn’t have a credit monitor service and already used his ACR up for the year.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Thanks guys for your kind help. Today I received the letter from Amex. The denial reason is "insufficient established credit". I also checked my credit reports and there is nothing abnormal... I guess Amex just doesn't like my profile...

Message 9 of 13
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Update: Thanks guys for your kind help. Today I received the letter from Amex. The denial reason is "insufficient established credit". I also checked my credit reports and there is nothing abnormal... I guess Amex just doesn't like my profile...

Nope, just got to garden, use it and pay. 

whats your CR Look like?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.