Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cash Magnet In Progress - Day 66

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Cash Magnet In Progress - Day 66

I applied on 6/2 Smiley Very Happy and Amex requested a 4506t which I happily abliged.. I've called every other day or so.. they keep telling me to call back in 24 hours as it's "in progress". Guessing the IRS is busy.. or doesn't care about me lol. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Cash Magnet In Progress - Day 66

4506t?!

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

4506t?!

Yes, they wanted a copy of my 2017 tax transcript. Maybe it got lostScreenshot 2019-08-08 at 4.59.22 PM.png

Message 3 of 16
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

They requested this for an initial  application? That seems kinda of odd, normally they request this when requesting a large credit line increase on an existing account or after you have had several high lines ?

Also may I suggest not bombarding them with phone calls you don't want to come across as "desperate"Smiley Sad

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

They requested this for an initial  application? That seems kinda of odd, normally they request this when requesting a large credit line increase on an existing account or after you have had several high lines ?

Also may I suggest not bombarding them with phone calls you don't want to come across as "desperate"Smiley Sad

@Jnbmom    I think I know why. The scores are high but look at the limits. The limits are low but for the loan .   That may have spooked them

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

Definetely not going for the desperate look- however most banks & websites say it shouldn't take any longer than 14 business days. This is my initital application with Amex. Did not falsify any of my income, for sure don't think $38,400 would spook them income wise. Not sure what triggered this (:

Message 6 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

So, given that they requested the 4506-T, it appears a 2nd application was submitted even though you had submitted the information from the 1st application?
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

4506-T / Amex

It took 1 week to the day from submitting it to them approving it when I last did it.

I'm thinking since August is when the IRS is uploading the files into their system for the current year might cause a delay in them seeing the form come in from Amex.

Also, you tend to get different answers on the status when calling different #'s.  I called 3 numbers and got 3 different answers.

If you made sure to check all of the boxes... especially the one near the signature line then it should have been done by now.

800-952-7562
800-535-7790
800-576-8942

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

IRS refused to give AmEx 4506t

I've been waiting for over 70 days for a response and I finally got one, but it doesn't make any sense. American Express said I filled the form out correctly but the IRS rejected to release my information due to "security protocols" which the Amex rep asked a supervisor and they still didn't know. 

What in the world is going on? 

Message 9 of 16
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: IRS refused to give AmEx 4506t

Interesting I'd like to know why as well

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.