Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold approval odds?

tag
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Gold approval odds?

@ACN323 wrote:

@comebackkid15 Appreciate the feedback and agree. I honestly might hold off on applying for anything until my scores are in 700's. Have my eye on the Amex Everyday preferred. Might have to knix the Delta Gold idea all together. So easy to get sidetracked sometimes seeing others approvals. 

Nothing wrong at all if you choose to wait that long; but if you go for the Delta or the ED card first, be sure to try for a second card, since itll be a SP at that point. Just the two cards then, then may want to wait 6 months to a year before trying for a 3rd product. 

Message 11 of 16
ACN323
Regular Contributor

@comebackkid15 good to know! Will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks! 

Started at 490 in Dec.18’'
EX8 740 EQ 756 TU 753
Discover IT $4.7k
Apple Card $2.5k
Amex BCE $10k
Amex Delta Gold $15k
Citi LL Bean $5.4k
Synch Adorama $2k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.4k
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to expand upon that, Amex is USUALLY a SP for additional cards but it's by no means a guarantee. Also, the odds of a SP approval increase after you've had your first card for a couple of months.

Message 13 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

You typically need at least a 641 for Delta and Hilton, mid-600s for the charge cards, and 670+ for the core cards, like the everyday. You can get them with lower scores, but would normally have to have history with them or have a clean, thin file. AU cards won't be considered as the responsibility falls on the account owner.

Message 14 of 16
ACN323
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner Good to know! Yeah, I figured my AU acct. didn't really mean much in terms of approval odds. I'll for sure wait to make any moves, until my scores are much higher. Thanks! 

Started at 490 in Dec.18’'
EX8 740 EQ 756 TU 753
Discover IT $4.7k
Apple Card $2.5k
Amex BCE $10k
Amex Delta Gold $15k
Citi LL Bean $5.4k
Synch Adorama $2k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.4k
Message 15 of 16
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

There's a cardmatch or prequalified Amex gold 60k or a 75k offer out there as well as the the larger Amex plat (up to 100k). I hear if you get another Amex card first, you won't get those offers. Just food for thought. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.