Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday Preferred?

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Amex Everyday Preferred?

Getting braces soon so mom wants a new card anyway.. So we plan to open up this card and use it to pay for the braces. Do you guys know how Amex limits she makes 50k a year but scores are around 770s-800s. and has about 2 inqs on EX.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday Preferred?

Hard to know what the limit will be, but with those scores and assuming the overall profile is okay, I'd think it would be a decent limit.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What cards does mommy have and what are their limits?  Getting approved for a card along with the limits depends on what limits she has now, credit profile etc.  Also, bear in mind Amex does pull other credit bureaus also and not just EX for all.

Message 3 of 11
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
Hard to know what the limit will be, but with those scores and assuming the overall profile is okay, I'd think it would be a decent limit.

UPDATE*** Mommy got approved for 10k.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What cards does mommy have and what are their limits?  Getting approved for a card along with the limits depends on what limits she has now, credit profile etc.  Also, bear in mind Amex does pull other credit bureaus also and not just EX for all.

I, too, would like to know what other cards and their limits mommy has. (Now referring to the OP) If you or mommy already have some sort of "rewards card," why not use that one instead of opening a new line? 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

@RM21 wrote:

UPDATE*** Mommy got approved for 10k.

That's awesome.

Message 6 of 11
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I, too, would like to know what other cards and their limits mommy has. (Now referring to the OP) If you or mommy already have some sort of "rewards card," why not use that one instead of opening a new line? 

Just wanted to get the 0% promo for the braces

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval.  But Care Credit would have been a much better option as you can get 0% up to 24 months and it also gives decent limits. http://www.carecredit.com/howcarecreditworks/promotional-offers/

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval.  But Care Credit would have been a much better option as you can get 0% up to 24 months and it also gives decent limits. http://www.carecredit.com/howcarecreditworks/promotional-offers/

Care Credit? Synchrony? Blispay?  Commenity? I see those names while browsing these forums. I don't see them anywhere else on the web. Not trying to be funny but, what are those things? Store Banks? Prime or Sub-Prime banks? I know a simple Google search would yield the answers but there are times that I feel lazy Smiley Surprised and just rather be spoon-fed info Smiley Surprised  

All I have is NFCU, BofA, Amex and DIsco (none of the above). Chase and Citi are the only ones left -any day now Smiley Happy  (have 2-3 INQs on each CB - waiting for some to fall off to guarantee approvals )

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Care Credit? Synchrony? Blispay?  Commenity? I see those names while browsing these forums. I don't see them anywhere else on the web. Not trying to be funny but, what are those things? Store Banks? Prime or Sub-Prime banks? I know a simple Google search would yield the answers but there are times that I feel lazy Smiley Surprised and just rather be spoon-fed info Smiley Surprised  

All I have is NFCU, BofA, Amex and DIsco (none of the above). Chase and Citi are the only ones left -any day now Smiley Happy  (have 2-3 INQs on each CB - waiting for some to fall off to guarantee approvals )

You are rather very sillySmiley Very Happy..

Care Credit is issued by Synchrony Bank and Synchrony in my opinion is a bank and what I consider prime.  What prime means can differ when it comes to others. Blispay is new [Start-Up] so I wouldn't rate them just yet.

As for Comenity, no commentsSmiley Happy. I hope this satisfies your curiosity.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.