Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday cash credit limit increase help

tag
jonsnow3130
Valued Member

Amex Everyday cash credit limit increase help

Hello Guys,

I own Amex EveryDay Cash credit card since Nov, 2015 with 18K limit (credit score was 750 at the time of my last CLI), with tomorrow I will finish 180 days waiting period for next CLI request. My current score is 766 and I am thinking of applying for 54K. Is this a good idea? My income is around 90K <mod edit> if yes, whats the safest limit I can request?

Thanks

Mod note:  I have redacted something that can't be encouraged or discussed on myFICO, as it's against our Terms of Service.  --UB

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Everyday cash credit limit increase help

AMEX could request a  4506-T (income validation). You could just cancel out of the request and re-enter with a lower CL.

IMHO: It's better to just be honest.

Message 2 of 25
jonsnow3130
Valued Member

What would be safest CLI amount based on my profile?

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be honest about your income, I would never advocate anything but honesty and I highly doubt anyone here would either. Data points suggest that around $25K-$30K is when proof of income is required. Though it does vary at times and there are no hard and fast "rules" on that.  If I were you, I would ask for $54K and be prepared for a counter-offer, or if told I need income verification either give it or keep reducing the amount of my request until it wasn't requested.  But that's me. I hope others will weigh in and I wish you success but urge honesty.

Message 4 of 25
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

You can get IV 25K and up, lots of people can get their cards to 35K without a IV, one of the mods recently got it to 34K with out. I say request 35- 40K back out if they IV, if you don’t want to give them it, and go down from there 39K....38K.....etc

Getting it to 50K range imho takes time, without the IV asking 5 to 6 K every six months (and backing out and requesting lower) once you get it to 35 or so.

Lot of people are getting it over 25K without the IV
Message 5 of 25
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Yea, and please be honest about it. It’s just a credit line. Not worth lying about, risking the account being closed.

It’s just dumb to make up your income higher than it is....
Message 6 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Why would you put $250k income? Do you make that much but only report 90k? I know some people can make more than their salary so if thats the case just be prepared to verify. If you are always reporting 90k then all of a sudden report 250k, that will raise a red flag real quick.

With Amex , not a good idea to mess around as they are one lender who will close all accounts teal quick and their blacklist is long and infamousSmiley Wink.

Good tips so far on how to get more but also think will you actually utilize a 54k limit. I imagine Amex would like to see lots of usage for that level of credit issued.
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't do it if you don't earn that Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 25
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

This is American Express we’re talking about.... You don’t have to use even a lot of your credit line to be able to get a high limit, one you’ll never be able to use!

They’re very generous! No need to lie about income...
Message 9 of 25
jonsnow3130
Valued Member

Thanks, guys. I will use my original income for cli request

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.