Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold and Amex Platinum Applications

tag
CosmoKramer-
Established Member

Amex Gold and Amex Platinum Applications

I recently applied to and was approved for an Amex Gold card a month ago. I am wanting to pair the Gold and Platinum cards to maximize benefits that work well for me. I am wondering how long I need to wait to apply for the Platinum, and if my approval odds would be lower since I was recently approved for the Gold card. Experian score is 734, with no late payments, and 5 inquiries in the last two years. I currently only have 2 credit cards open (one being the Gold).

Thanks for the help in advance. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Gold and Amex Platinum Applications

I think 6 months between but not 100%. Sure someone will know the get down. Congrats on the gold. 

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You will be or should have no issues being approved for the platinum as well..  If not it is just a Soft Pull since you are a current card holder.. If you can use it for the perks then go for it as I am pretty certain you won't have an issue with an approval.  Best of luck

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it.  I got an Amex Gold and an Amex BCE in the same week and then two months later got the Platinum and SPG.  I think it is two credit cards and two charge cards allowed in 90 days. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

according to some datapoints, there is a limit to the number of credit cards that AMEX will approve in a certain number of days but that does not affect charge cards.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.