Did you mean: 

Amex Gold not appearing

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Gold not appearing

@TennTillman wrote:

I didn't have an Amex so I didn't apply for a specific card, instead I entered my info to see what card I qualified for. It came back with the platinum card. Before excepting I tried preapproval for Gold and it was a no-go.  Applied for platinum and got approved. Strange. I think I will try down grading in a year. 

All charge cards have the same UW criteria, so you'd have gotten approved for the Gold even if no preapproval came back.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 16
citymunky
Established Contributor

Then I wonder why they just don't show that you are pre-approved for the charge cards if you already hold one.

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 12 of 16
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

@citymunky wrote:

Then I wonder why they just don't show that you are pre-approved for the charge cards if you already hold one.

Well in my case, there's just something wrong with the website. The CS rep told me I can apply, and that it should be available on website so idk lol. It does show me as preapproved for the charge cards and cobranded. 

for @TennTillman they were looking at preapproval before being a member and it came back platinum. My guess is that they are preapproved for any of them, however Amex showed them the platinum due to marketing of the highest annual fee card. 

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of March 2024: EX 661, TU 624, EQ 655
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
DONZI
Established Contributor

I think the amex website is generally in a state of flux.

It covers SO MUCH stuff and legacy versions of the website still pop-in from various links.. The integration of other services (banking) and so forth into a single sign-in approach and who knows what else.

It's very, uhh.. Frankenstein like?  I get emails with links which outright fail, sometimes go to legacy pages, don't go to the correct/intended destination page, etc... and it seems kind of sluggish a lot of times.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 14 of 16
citymunky
Established Contributor

@Chazzay12 @In my case, it only shows I'm preappoved for the co-branded cards, but not the Platinum or Green

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 15 of 16
Credit17
Established Member

I've been experiencing the same issue on the AmEx site for a few days now.  And then the Blue Cash Everyday card also disappeared.  So I can only see 16 personal AmEx cards -- most people will have 18 listed.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.