Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green Card Pre-Qualify!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Green Card Pre-Qualify!

I have been checking pre-qualified offers for Amex for months now and have been denied 4 times since July for the BCE card. I checked again yesterday and again "no offers".

After receiving notification this morning that my EX score went up 4 points to 664 I checked again and low and behold, I received "Good News...You have succesfully pre-qualified for Amex Green Card"! I almost fell off my chair! I question if this is my only way back into Amex or if I wait a bit longer is there a chance that I will receive other offers for a revolver?

Should I go for it or wait?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Green Card Pre-Qualify!

Once you are able to get in with AMEX it would open a lot of opportunities to add other AMEX revolvers down the road. The Green Card is a nice way to kick off the relationship with them, so as long as you can justify the annual fee. Then it should be fine. Just make sure to use the card and be on top of it, making monthly payments on time and you will see that in a year or less, you would be able to add a regular revolver. Patience and good management of the account is key with AMEX. 

Message 2 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @clark_d_shark!

Annual fee waived for the first year!

Message 3 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Thank you @Anonymous!

Annual fee waived for the first year!

So you got approved? CONGRATS! Welcome to the AMEX family. Yes, the AF is waived the first year and $95 each year thereafter. Make good use of it, and take care of it and they will reward you BIG TIME.

Message 4 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet, the pre-qual shows it's waived for the first year!

Message 5 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, well should you decide to app, then you get the first year waived. So it is not bad to start off with the Green and just work your way to gettng the better tier AMEX cards. Best of luck, and let us know what you decide.

Message 6 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and will do!

Message 7 of 44
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

From reading on the forums. All of their charge cards have similar underwriting criteria so you should be able to get the PRG if you wanted that card more.

Other members should have more on that

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 8 of 44
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
From reading on the forums. All of their charge cards have similar underwriting criteria so you should be able to get the PRG if you wanted that card more.

Other members should have more on that

+1

This is correct. AMEX charge cards all use the same underwriting so you should be able to qualify for the  Premier Rewards Gold Card which has tons more benefits than the Green Card and has a sign up bonus of 25k MR points; however, it does have a higher A/F of $195, but waived for the first year. YMMV of course, but you will love it in the AMEX clubhouse. I say pull the trigger! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 44
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

I agree on the point of apping for PRG! Also you can share your score profile if you’re still leery to get feedback here.

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.