Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hilton Aspire - Denial

tag
nycsimone
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Hilton Aspire - Denial

Incorrect. About 1 year ago they voluntarily gave me the “pay over time” option which allows you to carry a balance. A few months ago I carried a balance of about $12,000 with no problem.
Message 11 of 30
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

That would be very important information to disclose up front. We’re all playing armchair underwriter with the facts we have. You won’t know until your decision is viewable, but it’s just as likely that you were denied due to carrying the balance. For existing members, credit decisions by Amex are often made using data that might be a few months old. For most consumers, that’s not an issue. If there have been drastic recent changes in a credit profile, that can be a good or bad thing to others.
Message 12 of 30
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@nycsimone  If they are still extra salty over returned payment from 3 years ago while approving just about everyone capable of filling out an app, I'd look for a different lender. 

I can see  a lender holding a grudge for a year, maybe two, but this is petty at best. 

I get the part about returned payment being a serious issue, but they left the card alone. If they are really that afraid of you robbing them blind, they could have taken some of SL from the existing card and opened a new one. Their exposure would not have increased and everybody would have been happy. 

Give your money to someone else. 

I'm not sure I could even hold the grudge for three years. 

I agree I had a payment not processed because I left off one number,  yes it's considered a return payment per se but come on I didn't bounce a payment , it didn't process.  However it's been over a year and I have gotten zero increases on any of my accounts that's the reason always given.

I keep them open for now, but have basically moved on. Closed one and am seriously considering closing them all because I have a feeling this will be the reason for quite sometime.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 13 of 30
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@nycsimone  If they are still extra salty over returned payment from 3 years ago while approving just about everyone capable of filling out an app, I'd look for a different lender. 

I can see  a lender holding a grudge for a year, maybe two, but this is petty at best. 

I get the part about returned payment being a serious issue, but they left the card alone. If they are really that afraid of you robbing them blind, they could have taken some of SL from the existing card and opened a new one. Their exposure would not have increased and everybody would have been happy. 

My exact thoughts about Barclays.  They'll allow me to be an AU on their cards but certainly won't allow me to have one of my own.  They still have heartburn from that Juniper iTunes card...and I'm okay with it.  

Message 14 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

How could anyone with a NyQuil Card ever think about holding a grudgeSmiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

How could anyone with a NyQuil Card ever think about holding a grudgeSmiley Very Happy

smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 16 of 30
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

I feel like you're talking about me, mom.

Message 17 of 30
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

+1. Three years is indeed a long time for a bank to be stewing about a returned payment--especially if there's been no problems with payments since then. The thing CC issuers should try to remember is: a silly miscalculation of even $3 can send a checking acct. negative and  cause a returned payment--depending on who you bank with and the type of checking account you have....and I'm speaking from experience here.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 18 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

It always starts by someone testing my easy going nature. 

Message 19 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I feel like you're talking about me, mom.

😒

Please tell me you're mad at me and have no plans to talk to me any time soon

Plz...

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.