Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum Application

@bourgognewrote:

curious, only because I was born that way...what are the exact perks / benefits that you desire that will justly forking over $ 550 for this card?  totally serious.  most actions have to be on the amex portal, eurostar does not allow guests, airline credit is near worthless imo.  lay it on me.

The airline credit as i would use that the most, maybe uber a little.   The concierge service has benefited me from someone elses card so i would like to have that as well. 

Also, i went after the ameriprise platinum, so its first year is free.   Give me a better understanding if i need/use the perks of the card before i get hit with the AF, and time to get my BT payed off so i could do the 5k spend bonus if i get a real one.  

Message 31 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@topgunvfwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:
Recon your denial.

So i called in, and since i'm a card member it was a SP.  A recon could result in a HP, that could still be a NO.   

I have a little bit to decide, but this is a tough call.  

I'm even more intrigued now and shaking my head. Based on everything we know about AMEX it just doesn't add up. How long have you had the revolvers going on 6 or so months now right? What was the denial reason? Wishing you the best on this @Anonymous as it still has me scratching my head to comprehend. Keep us posted and dont give up on your dreams! Smiley Happy

I just got the revolvers in Nov and Dec..  no 60day 3x either.     reasons were basically, short amex history, seeking new credit and INQ's.  I have one collection on EX that was paid and about 3 years old. 

Message 32 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbsilva21wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I first apped for Green in May last year with 625 EX but had high utl. I got denied. Then in January I got Delta Gold. A week later I got denied for BCP and PRG. I waited the 30 days and got Amex Platinum and last week BCP. Hopefully they will see how you work the cards you have and then you can try again in 30 days. It is SP anyway since you already have the revolvers. And + 1 the above post. I hear everyone raving about how NFCU and PenFed are generous and I cannot even get a $500 card out of either one. 

THanks, i'm honestly not that worried.   the ONLY amex i ever wanted was a BCE (goal card when i started my rebuild) and it not even on my page of cards.  so i'm not getting that anytime soon.   

100000% agree on Navy and Penfed as you can see.  Navy loves me, and Penfed likes me, but they are tougher. I know the in and outs for the CU's, but Amex is just weird. 

Message 33 of 52
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@bourgognewrote:

curious, only because I was born that way...what are the exact perks / benefits that you desire that will justly forking over $ 550 for this card?  totally serious.  most actions have to be on the amex portal, eurostar does not allow guests, airline credit is near worthless imo.  lay it on me.

The airline credit as i would use that the most, maybe uber a little.   The concierge service has benefited me from someone elses card so i would like to have that as well. 

Also, i went after the ameriprise platinum, so its first year is free.   Give me a better understanding if i need/use the perks of the card before i get hit with the AF, and time to get my BT payed off so i could do the 5k spend bonus if i get a real one.  

still not catching $ 550 worth and ameriprise has no sub.  to me the card was designed for corp travelers that can  reap the rewards.  my no af au showed up today and I travel quite a bit out of country and would not pay a dime for it but opinions vary.   lounges are crowded and now families are just getting an au card to get all 4 kids in.  no lax/jfk option yet...guess I am a debbie downer lol.  I know the mia wallace crowd dig it for obvious reasons.  eurostar, staples, sfo lounge, fine hotels/resorts...if they had an lax club I would just get refundable air and hang out there all day ha-ha

plat.jpg

Message 34 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about the denial. Honestly though, I’m not that surprised. Looking at your AX limits, it’s clear that you barely got in. That was only 2 months ago. Denied 61day CLI, denied green card. Not the lead-up to a Platinum approval, IMO. How many inquiries do you have?   What about UTI & income?  

You will for sure get in, but just slow down. Wait a few months, until your first CLI, then start looking for pre-approval when logged into AX account. Once you see that for Plat, go ahead and apply for the Ameriprise, if that’s still want you want. Should have it by the end of the summer, if you continue to manage your accounts well. You mentioned your income isn’t high, so don’t get in too deep. Definitely take care of your BT. 

Message 35 of 52
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

+1

You'll get it soon enough OP!

Message 36 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Sorry to hear about the denial. Honestly though, I’m not that surprised. Looking at your AX limits, it’s clear that you barely got in. That was only 2 months ago. Denied 61day CLI, denied green card. Not the lead-up to a Platinum approval, IMO. How many inquiries do you have?   What about UTI & income?  

You will for sure get in, but just slow down. Wait a few months, until your first CLI, then start looking for pre-approval when logged into AX account. Once you see that for Plat, go ahead and apply for the Ameriprise, if that’s still want you want. Should have it by the end of the summer, if you continue to manage your accounts well. You mentioned your income isn’t high, so don’t get in too deep. Definitely take care of your BT. 

Honestly, i think that is my biggest problem.  I am a rebuilder and i have been so focus on paying/removing/adding, and now i'm at that point where i have to just sit back and let it age.  It's really hard to do after being so proactive to just sit and wait. My CU's have really stepped up in that dept, and could be why i think i'll get more than i do after those experiences. Time for a reality check (at least for now)

As far as DP's..  UTIL is 22% even with the BT, once thats done i keep it around 3% with AZEO.  I normally have around 14-15% DTI, im sure my recent BT has increased that some, but its temporary.  Income wise i'm on the lower end of mid 5 figures, nothing like the 70-100K+ i have seen ppl talking about on here.  And i dont expected to get a huge CL, but its nice to get something better than a toy limit. 

Message 37 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s still plenty of income to see decent limits down the road. I think you’ll see things pick up again this summer. Don’t go crazy with it though. It will be followed by another period of waiting as well! I’m in the same boat waiting. It’s maddening. Good luck though, you’re doing great! Just dial it back for the time being.
Message 38 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
That’s still plenty of income to see decent limits down the road. I think you’ll see things pick up again this summer. Don’t go crazy with it though. It will be followed by another period of waiting as well! I’m in the same boat waiting. It’s maddening. Good luck though, you’re doing great! Just dial it back for the time being.

Thanks, looks like you are too.    The waiting is maddening.   I love NFCU, they have been amazing, but at the same time, i think they help set an expectation that i really shouldnt have yet Smiley LOL   Honestly there is only 3 cards left i want, so after that unless something super awesome I have to have it comes out, i'll be good and just work on my CLI's once in a while. 

Message 39 of 52
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

+1

I'm in the same boat as well with the most recent app success with Navy this past weekend. Staying in the garden is next to impossible!! This place helps so much trying to stay in check, just have to stay away from the Credit approval forum.......................... Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.