Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum? Need to make a $5k purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum? Need to make a $5k purchase

What's the issue with the whole FR thing?  It's not like they're going to audit you or anything like the IRS.  You fill out some forms and send them back while you can't use the cards for a week or so while they review the paperwork.  If you don't want to tempt Amex here's another site where you can max your 5K spend with the best bonus options.

www.bankcheckingsavings.com/best-credit-card-promotions/  There's a built in search function to narrow the list as well

Message 11 of 15
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What's the issue with the whole FR thing?  It's not like they're going to audit you or anything like the IRS.  You fill out some forms and send them back while you can't use the cards for a week or so while they review the paperwork.  If you don't want to tempt Amex here's another site where you can max your 5K spend with the best bonus options.

www.bankcheckingsavings.com/best-credit-card-promotions/  There's a built in search function to narrow the list as well

Great, thanks. 

I don't really have an issue with it, I just read a lot of negative things about.  When I opened up my NFCU account in April I sent them my W2 ahead of time just so they had it and maybe I won't need to give them POI down the road.  I'm at $200k+ and will likely stay around that range for a while so no issues there.  I have no problem giving Amex that or anything else they may want.  Honestly, it would be nice to be able to add a W2 up front to an application up front to avoid any questions from lenders down the road....and that's not even including investment accounts, etc.

Message 12 of 15
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Holy Crap!

Message 13 of 15
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

This can be closed.  Just apporved for Platinum.  Opened a new post in Approvals.  Thanks!

Message 14 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update OP and congrats on the approval.

Locking this thread as you have been approved. The new thread can be found here:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Amex-Platinum-Just-approved-3rd-Amex-since-Ap...

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.