Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum offer

Got my first Amex Delta Reserve back in May, really wanted platinum and just noticed Platinum is showing under my pre qualifications offers on their site. Are the chances of approval pretty high now that's it been preselected for me? Amex Delta was a prequel offer and i got approved for it back in May. Any thoughts? Platinum is the card I really want 

my scores are 

Equifax 691

TU 654

Experian 665

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum offer

Their pre-approvals are generally pretty solid. Are you getting your offers by logging in, chosing all cards, selecting the Platinum, and clicking apply now? If that's the case and it says "paco77, you are already approved!," then your chances are probably pretty good. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it's saying my name and here's your prequalified offer for the Amex platinum. It's coming up when I sign in to Amex and click on offers 

Message 3 of 8
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it's saying my name and here's your prequalified offer for the Amex platinum. It's coming up when I sign in to Amex and click on offers 

I mean, if it were me I'd certainly go for it if it were a card I wanted and it fit my spend. Since you're an existing cardmember it will almost certainly be a SP anyway. You don't have much to lose by trying. JMO. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Agreed.  EX FICO 8 of 665 is on the lower end of the scale for approval but definitely not a dealbreaker and AMEX preapprovals are solid - not 100% but much higher than 50-50.  If the card works for you go for it.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am undecided and worried about getting denied, I have had 10 inquiries in the last year -mortage shopping. 

Message 6 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It's probably more relevant that you are roughly 18 months into a rebuild than taking 10 inquiries within a short timeframe due to shopping to get the best rate for a mortgage.

Given that AMEX preapprovals already have a high probability of approval, steps you take moving forward would really only have an incremental positive impact on odds of approval although they would likely impact things like POT limits and related APR.

Lastly, while denials aren't good for ones ego they aren't the end of the world either especially if you use them as an objective means of assessing where you are in your rebuild.  If one does their homework up front and assesses odds realistically and balances them against their tolerance for rejection, outcomes are positive more often than not.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 8
gjean78
Regular Contributor

I just got approved for Amex Platinum card with a 670 exp score. No collection, 1 charge off from 6 years ago. I did the pre-approval first, I was pretty much approved for all their cards. You already have an account with them, your chances should be pretty good. I wasn't really sure if their pre-approval was legit, until I roll the dice. I had no prior account with them, this is my first account with them.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.