Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum

tag
villemiami
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum

With the link you gave me, I see all different cards and I never saw something like "you're pre-approved". I only had to click on "Apply now" and then, fill out my information with income, submit, and then it told me I was approved.

FICO 8 scores 03/2024
EX-728
EQ-796
TU-772
Message 11 of 14
villemiami
Regular Contributor

Sorry, I guessed you were right. I tried with another card, I clicked on "Apply now" then I see the message "you are pre-approved!
Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds.".

I didn't take the time to read the word "pre-approved, I was convinced that I had to type my income to see if I was pre-approved.

That's OK, I'll manage. If I buy the house in 2 months, I'll have 4 more months to buy furniture and spend $5000 in my first 6 months to get the signup bonus.

FICO 8 scores 03/2024
EX-728
EQ-796
TU-772
Message 12 of 14
villemiami
Regular Contributor

I cancelled my Hilton Surpass, I did it at the right time: 1 year after application and after annual fee showed up, so they will refund me the $95 annual fee. Now, I will just to have to wait for my new Amex Platinum.

I APOLOGIZE FOR HAVING SAID "You have been completely wrong" EARLIER. This shows that sometimes, I act and write too fast.

FICO 8 scores 03/2024
EX-728
EQ-796
TU-772
Message 13 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card 

Feel free to start an approval thread if you wish to do so 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.