Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-Approved odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Pre-Approved odds

Hello all, 

I am very interested in the Blue Cash Preferred card from Amex. I clicked on "Apply " and got the image below. It does show a APR range and not a firm APR. my FICO 08 on the Amex website is 741. No Derogs and utilization is 2%. My only concern is that I have only had the Gold card for 3 months. What would my approval chances be? 

*Mod edit*

@Anonymous - please redact or mask all personal information from your uploaded image - thank you

5EF3445D-6934-4604-9C6D-19873F862F78.jpeg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Pre-Approved odds

@Anonymous Amex pre-approvals are very reliable, so your chances are excellent unless there's been recent negative changes in your credit report.

You might also want to edit the image to remove personal information.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Thanks for responding and I forgot to blur out my name. I will re upload that image. You think I should wait longer since the Gold account is only 3 months old?? My ,sin concern is that the SL is somewhat decent. 

Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Go for it. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

Thanks for responding and I forgot to blur out my name. I will re upload that image. You think I should wait longer since the Gold account is only 3 months old?? My ,sin concern is that the SL is somewhat decent. 

@Anonymous The decision is up to you; but since you already have the pre-approval there's no harm in actually applying.  The worst they could tell you is to try again in 30 days.  Amex's rules allow for two card approvals in 90 days so that shouldn't be a problem.  Your starting limit will primarily be a function of your income and overall credit profile; having a recent approval for a charge card should not affect it.

Message 5 of 10
oDrew
New Contributor

I'd say do it!

American Express Rose Gold (NPSL)
American Express Green (NPSL)
American Express Blue Business Plus (30K)
American Express Blue Business Cash (10k)
American Express Business Prime (5K)
American Express Hilton Honors Business (6K)
NFCU Flagship (28K)
Wells Fargo Active Cash (11.3K)
Wells Fargo Gallery Furniture (20K)
Capital One QuickSilver (10.5K)
Discover IT (13K)
US Bank Cash+ (5K)
Barclays Rewards (7K)
Synchrony Amazon Prime (10K)
Synchrony Lowes (35K)
Synchrony Ashley Homestore (10K)
Best Buy Store Card (12.5K)
PenFed PCR (7.5K)

Message 6 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Apply. What do you got to loose. Since you are Amex Card holder it will be a soft pull. If approved you are all set.  If not approved you can always apply for it again in the next 3 months.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely go for it. I closed my AMEX Platinum, Gold, and Delta SkyMiles in 2017 and went into a payment program. Paid it all off a year early, but still never recieved any pre-approvals. Last week, was pre-approved for a Delta Platinum. Pulled the trigger and recieved instant approval.

So, basically, go for it. Keep us updated! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Rudy1
Established Contributor

That's a preapproval! When it says Applying to expand your card membership with us is easy that is most likely a denial. The Blue Cash is a good card and since you have an amex it's a SP no harm in trying.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 9 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Apply. What do you got to loose. Since you are Amex Card holder it will be a soft pull. If approved you are all set.  If not approved you can always apply for it again in the next 3 months.

It's not always a soft pull. More than likely is, but there's still a possibility of a HP, especially since he's so new with them.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.