cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-qualification for Delta Gold? Very skeptical (UPDATE: Approved HH Surpass!!!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Pre-qualification for Delta Gold? Very skeptical (UPDATE: Approved HH Surpass!!!)

I wanted to see what the community thought of this because... I honestly do not think it is legit at all. I read on here that you may have better chances at pre-qualified offers with AMEX if you sign up for their credit monitoring service, so I did it. Then it took me to my score and subsequently an offers page. It transferred me to a pre-qual site but it was different from the one I had seen previously (and had no offers ever) this one also asked for income which the other did not. 

Anyways, entered info and got this:

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 10.14.44 PM.png

I have seen posts mentioning that non-solid APR offers are not firm and more likely marketing. Also, I woud be far more interested in one of the Hilton cards but I was just curious what you all think?  Also if this did happen to be legit, would apping a hilton card instead work?

Thank you in advance for your insight.

*** Update: Approved HHonors Surpass Card!!! Instead of apping for Delta (1k, 24.69%) - Low SL and high APR, but ecstatic to be in with AMEX. Planning an extended and much needed garden party. 

17 REPLIES 17
Okthen06498
Established Member

Re: Amex Pre-qualification for Delta Gold? Very skeptical

I prequalified for same card and it was legit . I love Amex . They are quick to update payments and customer service is outstanding.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info! That is comforting to know. Do you think apping for the hilton instead would result in approval? Also, did your prequal look like this? I just found it strange that if i head straight to the prequal page from google (which is different looking) I get "we can not match you with any offers".

Message 3 of 18
Okthen06498
Established Member

I did the prequal on Amex site . I was literally checking every week with them and then it finally came up . I had a card with them when I was married like 25 years ago . Still shows on my credit report as my oldest card lol.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@macedwar - Very interesting to see this post as I also always check there normal pre qualify and never get any offers even when my scores were much higher. Did you app for it? Was it another link once you signed up for the monitoring or it was a pop up type thing?
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also was it the creditsecure monitoring(which it looks like is for amex customers only) or the single score version for free credit score?
Message 6 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Amex pre-qualifications are solid. That being said, many people, like myself, cold apped because we didn't have prequals and still got a card. The co-branded cards all have the same requirements with the only stipulation that you can qualify for a limit a certain multiple of the annual fee. I don't remember what that multiplier is. If you qualified for the Delta gold, you will qualify for the Hilton surpass.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Havent apped yet as I have been stock piling Aadvantage points for years and don't wanna start collecting new airline miles. I would like hotel reqards to pair with my airline miles tho so the hilton is a much more appealing card to me. As, far as your question, I saw this offer through the "mycreditguide" site for american express under offers, it was a link and no pop up.

https://mycreditguide.americanexpress.com/CreditView?enterprise=AmericanExpress

Message 8 of 18
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I do prequals there occasionally for fun, not expecting anything until our scores go up.  This weekend however, DW had a prequal for the Green and Gold charge cards.  Since she had zero EX INQ's, we went for it.  Got the 7-10 day message for the Gold which she could use for her reimbursed company expenses.  I don't expect this to actually be approved but who knows.

They pulled EX only

EX FICO 08 - 629

A few 6 YO charge off and collections.

All recent payment history is perfect on 3 cards with combined $18k in limits and low UTL.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 9 of 18
FancyFico123
Established Member

@spiritcraft1 , keep us updated. I am interested to see if she gets approved! Did you call in? 

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I do prequals there occasionally for fun, not expecting anything until our scores go up.  This weekend however, DW had a prequal for the Green and Gold charge cards.  Since she had zero EX INQ's, we went for it.  Got the 7-10 day message for the Gold which she could use for her reimbursed company expenses.  I don't expect this to actually be approved but who knows.

They pulled EX only

EX FICO 08 - 629

A few 6 YO charge off and collections.

All recent payment history is perfect on 3 cards with combined $18k in limits and low UTL.

CLOSED: Milestone, Credit One, Old Navy, Citi Secured, Barclaycard

Entering the garden..
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.