Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Prequal Offer Website Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Prequal Offer Website Question

Good morning all,

Everytime I log into the American Express Credit Guide website, I no longer have to imput information. A screen shows up with matched offers automatically. Here is what is said today listed below. Is this a solid offer?

Capture amx 2.png

7 REPLIES 7
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Prequal Offer Website Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning all,

Everytime I log into the American Express Credit Guide website, I no longer have to imput information. A screen shows up with matched offers automatically. Here is what is said today listed below. Is this a solid offer?

A prequalification is a strong indication of approval but there is no guarantees as there may be other factors involved.

Message 2 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That in itself is not a solid offer. 

Click on the Apply Now link; if it comes back with a page that says "You're pre-approved!" along the top left that is a  solid ~90%-ish offer.

If it comes back with "Applying to expand your card membership is easy..." it does not mean that an application would be denied but you did not get a pre-approval. 

You can safely click on the Apply Now link;  you have to confirm some information and then click on an "Agree & Submit" button to initiate the approval process. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

That in itself is not a solid offer. 

Click on the Apply Now link; if it comes back with a page that says "You're pre-approved!" along the top left that is a  solid ~90%-ish offer.

If it comes back with "Applying to expand your card membership is easy..." it does not mean that an application would be denied but you did not get a pre-approval. 

You can safely click on the Apply Now link;  you have to confirm some information and then click on an "Agree & Submit" button to initiate the approval process. 

Thanks for the help. Here is what I got

amx not  pre approved.PNG

Message 4 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Ah.  I misread your original post where you mentioned the Credit Guide site.

To doublecheck, go here:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/check-for-offers/?eep=25330&linknav=US-Acq-Shop-Cons...

and see what they prequal you for.    If it also returns a Delta Gold prequal and you want to apply pick the link with the better offer and go ahead; but be aware that even with a prequal/preapproval an actual approval is not guaranteed.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 8
FesteringTTT
Valued Member

Also, if you get the pre-qualify for one co-branded card, like Delta, it also means you're prequalified for the others (Hilton, Marriot, etc). There's a thread in here that talks about it. I got the Delta approval but went with the Hilton.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

Ah.  I misread your original post where you mentioned the Credit Guide site.

To doublecheck, go here:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/check-for-offers/?eep=25330&linknav=US-Acq-Shop-Cons...

and see what they prequal you for.    If it also returns a Delta Gold prequal and you want to apply pick the link with the better offer and go ahead; but be aware that even with a prequal/preapproval an actual approval is not guaranteed.

Thank you I definitely seen where the confusion would be. My bad, thank you for the knowledge.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FesteringTTT wrote:

Also, if you get the pre-qualify for one co-branded card, like Delta, it also means you're prequalified for the others (Hilton, Marriot, etc). There's a thread in here that talks about it. I got the Delta approval but went with the Hilton.

Really, wow that is awesome to know. Hopefully when I app I can choose. Being that I have used the site three times now and did not app. I will wait about 90 days to apply.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.